Chapter 20

Patricia's POV

It's been a few days, and so far, things are going great, the baby is as healthy as ever, and Daniel has stayed with me the entire time. Right now, he was holding the baby, while I as getting dressed, and ready to go back home. Just some jeans and a baby blue v-neck top. I came out of the bathroom to him smiling at Ari, and her smiling back.

"You ready to go home?" He asked, never taking his eyes off of her.

"Yes, let's go," I say walking over, and gently taking her out of his arms. She smiled at me too.

"Looks like she's going to love both of us te same," I say swaddling her in the blanket I got as a present from one of my students.

"She's still going to be a daddy's girl," he laughed.

"She is not, she'll be a mommy's girl, sense I'm going to spoil her more,"

"No, I am," he pinched my cheek, and helped me into the wheel chair. I held Arianna close to me, make sure she was safe and warm. Soon we reached the car, and Daniel helped me in, as I strapped the baby into her car seat.

"There, snug and secured," I say kissing her cheek. I double checked it was  secured tight, but enough for her to move around.

"Ok, let's go home, I'm tired, and I'm sure Angel is tired too," I say, buckling up. We drive all the way home. and walk in and sit on the couch. During the time, we turned Noah's room into Arianna's nursery, with pink walls, and pink blankets, everything pink except her crib, which was white.

"We're home baby girl," Daniel said fixing her little cap. She figited, and yawned, looking straight at me. Her eyes were different from mine or Daniel's, they were a light grey with lavender, strange, but cute.

"Time for night-night baby cheeks,"

"Baby cheeks?" I asked looking at him.

"Well, she has your cheeks, might as well," He says. I walk up the stairs, and lay her crib, and cover her with her blanket.

"Sweet dreams baby angel," I say blowing a kiss, and watch her drift to a calm sleep. I stood there tilting my head at her, my first baby after Noah, I always dreaded the though, now I am so happy I did...she was worth it.

"She's beautiful Pat," Daniel wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me tight.

"She is, I just hope to God nothing happens to her,"

"Nothing will, because I'll be here to protect you both, no matter what happens," he kissed my cheek, and we both left Arianna to sleep, turning on the baby monitor just in case.

"So what now?" He asked.

"Well, we could call everyone over for some dinner, and give our baby a chance to really meet her aunts and uncles," I smile.

"Sounds like a plan, what's for dinner?" he asked.

"No, it's your turn to cook, I'm on my maternity leave from cooking still," I giggled.

"But she's here," he said with a sarcastic look.

"So, I'm the one who has to feed the baby, hence, I don't cook," I laughed. He giggled along, and kissed me.

"Alright, how about sirloin with mash potatoes and green beans?" he asked.

"Sounds delicious," I say sitting on the couch, turning on the T.V.

Diane's POV

Terry and I were just sitting on the couch watching Television. I...I still feel so guilty for doing, causing all this to happen, it could've gotten my friends killed, Pat's new baby killed, I still can't get over it...  I try...but it's all my fault. I looked over at Terry, who was sound asleep leaning on my shoulder. I slid silently away into the bathroom. and searched through the droors, until I found my razor blade...I've been cutting ever since the incident, and I didn't want to, at first, but the pain really brought me out of reality. I shook my head, having a mental argument with my self.