Chapter 8

no POV

The next day, everyone was up eating breakfast together with smiles, chatting joyfully. Marcus and Angela were now fully talking to each other and everyone was happy to have them back to normal.

"I'm glad you guys are talking to each other, the silent treatment was scaring me," Diane said

"Yeah well, don't expect us to be on mute for long, we're bound to find something to argue about," Angela laughed.

"I don't think so, not out here at least," Marcus kissed her, and everyone sighed.

Patricia's POV

I rubbed my stomach which bubbled yet again, this was getting on my last nerve. I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't, and rushed to the bathroom.

"Pat?" I turned to see Sheila standing next to me, and I washed out my mouth.

"Patricia, are you sure you're feeling ok? this is what, the fourth time this week?" I nodded in agreement, and sat down on the floor.

"I honestly don't have a clue what's going on with me,"

"I think I do," she sat next to me and I started to panic.

"Pat, you might be pregnant," she looked shyly at me, as I gave a look of shock.

"No, I can't be! I mean, I want another child, but..." I trailed of, I was so confused.

"Well, you have all the simtomes, except...have you missed your period?" I thought for a moment, and it hit me...It was supposed to start three days ago, and it never came!

"I did, three days late..." I couldn't help but let a tear slide down my face. What was Daniel going to say? I don't know how I'm going to tell him.

"Maybe it's something else, we can't be too sure," I said.

"Well, maybe when we get back, we can get a pregnancy test before we leave, but until then..." she helped me up, and smiled.

"You got a bun in the oven!" she smiled, and pulled me back with the others.

"Hey, you two ok?" Troy asked kissing her.

"Yep, everything is fantastic," she smiled, as I blushed a bit. Daniel kissed my cheek, and grabbed my butt. I gasped, and gave him a look, as I giggled. We went outside and the horses were already ready for us, tacked up and everything.

"Patty cake, are you going to be able to ride?" Daniel asked

"Yes, I'll be fine, and since when did you start calling me Patty cake?" I laughed.

"Since now," he kissed my lips, and walked me up to Sovereign, and picked me up, spinning me around.

"Ahh! stop, put me down!" I laughed. He put me on the horse's back. I really hope he won't change as soon as I tell him, but you never know with men. We waved goodbye to Sandra, Cory's mother of course, and went on our way. I rode happily at a trot. It felt good being in the saddle again, sense it was going to be my last until we leave...I'm going to miss him, he's been such a good horse, he saved my life. If it weren't for him, no one would've known where I was; it would've taken longer. I kicked him up to a canter, and rode in front of the others for a little, then decided to slow down and hang with the girls.

"Hey Pat," they all said, as I took a spot next to Sheila.

"So what's been going on?" Diane asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Agnew, you know exactly what we mean, are you preggo or not?" I looked at Sheila as she chuckled.

"What? You know how hard it is to hide something from these two, they always nosey," I only laughed.