Chapter 14

Sheila's POV ~next day~

I drove all the way to he court house where the bail hearing was being held. I can't believe I have to do this, it's a good thing I had enough for him. As I reached the doors, I heard that it was $1,000. I ran up to him, and hugged him tight.

"Baby, are you ok?" I asked, noticing a bruise on his cheek.

"I'm alright, just a fight broke out in the cells, and I got caught in the middle," he said kissing my hand.

"Well, I'll pay your bail, then we'll head home and figure out what to do next. I kissed his cheek, and the officer took him away, while I went up to pay the fine.

"here you are, $1,000 for Troy Jackson?" I say, handing the woman the cash. She nods, and soon, he's brought out, and we hug close.

"I promise, I'll figure this out, I swear to you," He said. I held his hand as we walked out back to the car.

"So, what are we going to do?" I asked.

"First, I need to get a better lawyer, that rookie is going to have me sentenced to life by the time he has his paper work in check," Troy shook his head with a sigh.

"Well, Diane offered to represent you, I can call her...actually, they're all coming over to see how I'm doing," I say. We reached the drive way, and get out.

"I'll get lunch started," I go into the kitchen and, decided on making salad, with chicken salad sandwiches. The girls always say they're legendary, but it's my moms recipe, so I don't take all the credit.

'Mind if I help?" I turned and smiled with a nod, and he helps me prepare everything.

Diane's POV

I sat at my desk scrolling through my e-mail, when I got a letter from some person. I didn't know what to do, so I just opened it.....

"Big mistake in telling your husband Danni, you knew the consequences if you told, now...not only will I come for you, but all your girl friends, starting with Ms. Agnew, I warned and you didn't listen....you better watch your back~unknown~"

My heart pounded in my chest. I gasped, and decided...I had to call her, So I grabbed my phone, and quickly dialed her number. It rang....1......2.....3.....4

"Pick up Patricia...please," I begged silently.

"Hello?" I sighed deeply with glee that she was alright.

"Hey Pat," I say with joy.

"Hi...um, what's up?" She asked with a yawn.

"Oh...I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Kind of, I was dozing off, but I'm glad you called, is something wrong?" she asked more awake by now.

"I just wanted to check on you and your little bundle of joy," I smiled through the phone.

"I'm doing good, and so is the baby, I have an appointment at 3:54, so for now, I'm just resting," I was glad...nothing happened to her, but something could happen later on, and it scared the life out of me.

"Well Pat, I have to go, I have a court case to go to, I'll call you later ok?"

"Sure, and don't forget we're going over to Sheila's for lunch," she reminded.

"Don't worry, I have it down in my calender, I'll be there,"

"Alright, see you then,"

"Bye," I hung up, and grabbed my brief case, and headed over to court room C. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him. I looked straight ahead, and tried not to freak out, How did he even know where I was? This worried me more about the safety of the girls.....this is really, really bad.