Chapter 37

Patricia's POV

We had waited hours and hours for the phone to ring. It was at least 8 o'clock and I was tapping my foot on the floor. I twiddled my thumbs and looked down at my hands.

"Baby girl. Try to relax ok?"

"How can I relax Daniel?! My little girl is out there and-and I can't do anything to help her!!" I shouted and started to pace. I ran my hands through my hair. He stood, and stopped me, hugging me tightly by my waist. I leaned my head against is chest. I heard his heartbeat which was as fast as mine was racing too.

"I know honey. I'm worried and scared too. I may no show it half the time, but I am...just breathe with me," I nodded and we both inhaled deeply, and exhaled, and I finally calmed down. I relaxed and he rubbed my stomach. Our hearts were beating the same rhythm now, it soothe me and it put me in a trance. We sat together on the couch and we quietly sat' holding each other close. I soon dozed off on his chest, dreaming about my baby being back in my arms, safe and sound.

Troy's POV

I had my gun holstered, and my bullet proof vest on. We were about to bust the gang, and get Arianna out of there. I walked around my desk, and placed my hand on Kelly's shoulder.

"Be careful out there alright?" I say.

"No worries. I won't make the same mistake twice," she said, and we both walked out to the convoy of squad cars. Our radio had many voices on it, but we mainly listened to the captain.

"Alright everyone. Take extreme caution when entering the area. All suspect are to be considered armed and very dangerous. Be very careful, as to there is a baby girl there who needs to get back to her parents, so be aware, be safe out there guys. Good luck," he said. I sighed, and started the car, and followed the other 12 cars to the area. The place was lower class, and had old shattered houses, that were either abandoned or not taken care of very well. We stopped a few feet in front of the house. It was a faded blue color with scratches in the paint, and wood torn away from the frame. Trash and other things covered the floor, and the grass was dead as well.

"You ready Jackson?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, but I have to get Arianna out of there,"

"That I definitely will help you with," she smiled, and we both walked up to the FBI agents in charge. They briefed us and gave us our positions, which was what I wanted...search and rescue. We readied ourselves and got into position at the back of the house. We moved our way slowly through the backyard. It was hard to move quietly because it was full of broken glass and beer cans. We managed and were right at the back door. The leader gave us the count of 5, and we broke through the door. Many of them were startled, rushing to grab their guns and knives, but it was already too late. Everyone of them was apprehended and taken out. There was one, who I knew was one of us. I pretended to take him in, and be a little forceful with it.

"Ow...easy rookie," he whispered.

"Where is the baby girl?"

"In there, the girl's back there, and since you did great with the silent operation, she has no clue you're here," he said.

"Get this scumbag out of here," I say as Kelly takes him with a wink. I went slowly to the back, drawing my gun, I opened the door, to see her rocking her cradle.

"You are one cute little baby...too bad your mom isn't getting you back until you're older," I walked in, and pointed my gun down at her ankle.

"I don't think so," she turned and frowned at me, and grabbed her gun and Arianna, holding it to her.