4

The next few days dragged a lot. I was in and out of scans, it turned out that I had a ruptured ACL in my left knee,  fractured ribs and a nasty cut to my head. I was in agony, everything hurt and I was just confused because I don't remember anything from the accident , I think I was just frustrated at the fact that I couldn't remember anything.

But the highlight of my day was seeing Tobi. He was the cutest person ever and he visited me everyday, even if it was only for an hour. We would speak about everything and nothing at the same time, he even bought playing cards and uno to help pass the time. Tobi's presence alone was so calming and positive. We were just talking as normal and he asked the dreaded question about my family. He wasn't pushy about it, he just generally asked how comes no one had been to visit. Not knowing how to reply, I just sat there twiddling my thumbs unable to form a response.

Sensing the uncomfortable situation, tobi quickly said that I don't have to talk about anything that I didn't want to and tried to move on. I stopped him and told him 'I do trust you Tobi, I.. it's just.. i' Well here goes nothing. 'My parents died, years ago and I have no siblings so it's just me on my own'

Tobi took my hand and was so kind, he apologised for bringing it up to which I instantly dismissed him, he didn't know!

Soon after, the nurse came in to discuss my discharge date, she said that I should be okay to recover at home now. She asked me whether I had anyone at home, to look after me and just to check in on me. I slowly shook my head, unsure of what to do. However it was in that moment that Tobi stepped in and offered for me to stay at his apartment. I felt sceptical about the situation, I had only just met him and I didn't know him properly. The nurse just stood there looking at me, wondering if that's what I wanted. I asked her to come back in 15 minutes so I could speak to Tobi. 'Look I really appreciate the offer but I don't know you too well.' He replied 'that's totally understandable, i was only offering because if not you'll be alone all the time and we don't want you injuring yourself any further!'
After a long thought I responded 'you're right, I definitely would not be able to manage on my own and you have voluntarily kept me company throughout my stay here.... sooo yes I would like to take up your offer, if that's okay with you!' His face lit up and without hesitation he said 'of course it isn't an issue and hey you're my roommate now!

I'll try and write more tonight, if not i'll update it soon!! hope you're liking it so far and let me know if there's anything i should change:))