28

I woke up with my head resting on Tobi's chest, the clock read 9.37am I smiled to myself replaying this mornings events in my head. I was Tobi's girlfriend. That was all that was running through my head tbh. After a good 10 mins of just laying there, I decided to get out of bed gently, cautious of waking Tobi, he was knocked out, his deep breaths were slowly becoming snores, he did look very peaceful though. He definitely does not do well with early mornings. I got ready and quickly wrote Tobi a note.

'I'm going to the tamil shop, i'll be back soon'
Abi xx

I left, wearing a pair of leggings and a long top that reached the middle of my thigh and made my way to the train station, where I got the tube to east ham. Firstly, i decided to quickly go to the temple because i was in the area, after walking around the temple and saying a few quick prayers, I then walked over to Sambal express (it's a tamil shop) and I bought some string hoppers, mutton rolls, patties, samosas, and some mutton roti. Whilst i was in East Ham, i went to the tamil shop and bought some fruits, they even had a box of honey mangoes in stock which were my absolute favourite, vegetables and i decided to stock up on my favourite snacks. My watch read 11.17 I then made my way back to the station, the journey only took 15 minutes which took me by surprise. I walked back into my flat, to see Tobi sat on the sofa, drinking tea.

'heyy, you're back! you should've woken me up, I would have taken you in my car, did you get the tube?'

I walked over and hugged him 'you looked so peaceful, i didn't want to disturb you and yeah i did get the tube' i said collapsing on the sofa

'i don't do well with early mornings' he smiled 'soo what did you buy?'

'i really fancied this food called idyappam (string hoppers) so i went to ge that'

'you're telling me that you trekked all that way to buy string hoppers? that's dedication'

i gently slapped his arm 'well obviously i got other stuff as well, just snacks really and i did. stop off at the temple. So it was a good trip tobi' i pulled a fake angry face, giggling

'you look cute like that' he leant in and kissed my cheek.

Tobi said he wasn't hungry, so I heated up the string hoppers with sothi (coconut milk dish?!) and sambal (chutney). I sat down on the dining table, I ended up eating with my hands because it was just awkward if i didn't he ended up joining me and we were just talking to each other.

'mmm that looks and smells so good Abi, i might go and heat some up'

'here, it's too much have some of this'

'lemme go wash my hands' he replied

'no need' i giggled and ended up slowly feeding him some of my food. 'do you like it?'

'mmm that is really nice, damn sri lankan food is amazing, thanks for feeding me' he looked into my eyes and giggled.

I smiled back 'well it's always you feeding me so i must return that favour' I giggled whilst feeding him another little bit.

'it feels good, I cant lie' tobi replied

I grinned at him, it was at that point that my doorbell went. I looked at Tobi, wondering if he had invited anyone and he shook his head as if he knew what i was asking. I left my plate on the table and washed my hands, i walked to the door and looked through the peephole.

It was my auntie, why was she here?

I sighed and opened the door.

'hello Auntie'