you

playlist "missing you at 2:47am"
you stupid bitch - girl in red
serotonin - girl in red
midnight love - girl in red
season 2 episode 3 - glass animals
cliché - mxmtoon
waterfalls coming out of your mouth - glass animals
strawberry blond - mitski
you & jennifer - bülow
i wanna be your girlfriend - girl in red
dead girl in the pool - girl in red
i bet on losing dogs - mitski
in a week - hozier (feat. karen cowley)
take my to church - hozier
josslyn - olivia o'brien
heatwaves - glass animals
streets - doja cat
heather - conan gray
jenny - studio killers
sweater weather - the neighborhood
me and my husband - mitski
bad idea - girl in red
we fell in love in october - girl in red

levi helps me up to my feet and i wobble slightly, my legs weak and tired, but i grasp his forearm and steady myself. i fall onto his chest as someone rubs my back slowly. schlatt's own crying starts again, and it's soon a weeping fest. the sobs echo throughout the room, empty with the absence of charlotte's brother. im not sure why charlotte and levi tears are leaking down their face like a broken pipe against their eye. levi's glasses have been set down neatly on a table, or maybe dropped there. my eyes are too clouded to see the neatness.

"o-okay," i hear a voice stutter out. is it my own? or did someone possess me to lead. my intense burning personality is put out by the amount of crying in the room, extinguishing my flame inside me and making it into a steadily moving wave, forcing me forward onto my feet, letting go of levi, my stability. my feet stay stuck to the ground, as my arm steady myself.

"let's stop the pity party, and calm down," my words falling to the ground as the wave filled room calms down into a soft lake on a cool spring day, and trickles into a puddle after a heavy rain. the humidity weighing down on us like our past has come to weigh on our shoulders. my eyes dart around the room, flicking from person to person, searching for someone to grasp what i'm saying, as the words flow out of me like a stream flowing into a steady stop. my rambling stops as someone puts a cool hand onto my shoulder.

my eyes force themselves up, heavy and dry from the over-hydration of my tear ducts. schlatt's hand rests on my shoulder, the calloused roughness reminds me of the night before he left. i grab it and take a deep breath. setting it lightly to the side i bring my heavy legs over to charlotte, the floor feeling less sticky now. i feel my mouth open and then shut, not quite sure what i was going to say, and if it would work. my flame starts to work it's way through the water, firing out of it like a phoenix.

"char- you have a stream to get to, i'm sure you've gained a few subs and a few people confused to what the fuck was happening," a nervous laugh escapes my mouth, a knife slicing through the humid tear filled room. charlotte smiles, the corner of her lips releasing her feet from their stuck prison, and her body from the bed which she was sitting on. i shut my eyes.

next i move to levi. his eyes stare at me softly, red and tender. my favorite eyes to look at, the intricate blue and green weaving around each other on a light brown base, playing and fighting around the darkness of his pupil, a fighting force of sternness and darkness i couldn't truly put into words without feeling guilty. the whites of his eyes tainted with red, ruining his true beauty as the emotion of before forces itself through. the spray of freckles around his face, dotting his nose with small spots of uniqueness, small constellations on his face that i could spend several weeks attempting to map. his cheeks holding them are red and puffy, beautiful in the sadness. i grab his hand, soft and bony and look him in his eyes.

"levi, thank you," i rest my head against his chest as he holds me softly. i release my head off of his grip. his eyes try to fool me into joining him again, and running off, but my flame. rejects them, boiling the water into steam, which fills my eyes briefly before i wipe them. "i'll talk to you later? i'm sure georgie is missing you," i say, grabbing his perfect hand and planting a tainted kiss on it.

his already pink cheeks dust themselves with crimson and he smiles, the sides of his beautiful face contouring to a smile, true, but faltering in some places as his emotions come through again. he nods and walks towards the door, looking back at me sadly. the door finally shuts, and the clouds, which had seemed to been sobbing with us quiets, releasing small bits of sunshine from behind their mask.

"don't say it clementine," his voice rings in my ears, my flame quieting into a small candle, quivering from the voice, fearful it might blow it out forever, leaving it an unlightable wick. but it persists, it has to, or else what would i be? the humidity starts to stab at me again, pointing it's judging finger at me stinging my eyes and my body. "i already know, i'm a shit person and i don't deserve forgiveness," the humidity stops, pondering on which would hurt me more, itself, or schlatt's harmful words, "but neither do you." it's the words. words most definitely.

"but," the flame, which was once distinguished for good, sparks again, like a boy scout making his first fire, "i'm a nice person, i'm willing to forgive you," the flame grows higher, as if the words just added kindling.

"i'll hear you out," i say, i instantly regret it. i sound harsh, my flame fearful again. schlatt laughs, calming my anxieties immediately.

"okay fine," he starts to think, his hand running through his mutton chops, "we leave each other alone forever. or as long as we can, we forget our past, and we find eachother again, or we don't. we move on, find our own spouses, and then die missing each other," his proposition is grim, but it does seem like the best thing for both of us. i nod lightly before looking down at him.

"can i do one last thing, for old times sake?" i ask smiling. he nods and i lean down.

our lips connect, his warm face meets mine and our bodies are met again. my hands meet his back, and soon they meet eachother as i clasp my arms around him, holding myself tight, but him tighter. we continue to kiss. and we finally break apart.

our final kiss.

our final kiss...

our final kiss?

——
1154 words
finished a full playlist
1 hour 23 minutes

next chapter is a time skip <3