...

i wanted to work on my writing so..
i thought i'd be angsty without ruining the plot, so here's a song fic + au all on ones. ik some song fics are cringe but 👍. also pls don't b mad i used a mitski song, it was one that went with the plot i wanted.

TW// car crash, angst, wounds

SONG —
i bet on losing dogs - mitski

"my baby, my baby

levi drives steadily down the road, his eyes fixed on clementine, the girl sleeping quietly in his passenger seat, seatbelt left hanging and abandoned on the side. the darkness of the night slowly being pierced a creeping sun, looking into the windows of a new day.

"you're my my baby, say it to me„

the taller of the two continues to look, using one of his hands to lightly stroke her back. she begins to stir, and the steady grip on the wheel suddenly becomes looser. the small car the two friends sat in starts to stir with the girl. the headlight penetrating the darkness of the road in front of them, before veering itself onto the forest on the right of them.

"baby, my baby„

clementine jolts awake and screams, but it's immediately cut off, as if the Universe knew it wasn't important enough to wake the animals. the unbuckled clementine closes her eyes and accepts it. her body flies through the air like a falcon, before landing against a tree with a terrible crack. levi sits in the car, the view unfolding before him, before his vision is covered by his own blood.

"tell you're baby that i'm your baby„

as she lay there motionless, her mind had thought she was gone, but her body, including her heart, knew she was alive, and pushed through. although the internet wouldn't know the extent of her injuries, levi would. levi would be haunted for life.

"i bet on losing dogs„

what were the chances clementine had gotten in this accident. statistically 77%. clementine was now apart of the seventy-fucking-seven percent of people in a vehicle crash. who knows how long she stayed there. her eyes, the only thing keeping her conscious, watched the cats zip by. bystander syndrome truly in effect. when someone stopped finally. and she was gone.

"i know they're losing, and i take my place by the ring„

the darkness was back. but now she was at the accident. except, she was alive. and not hurt. actually she was fine. and her mother was there. and eddie. she wriggled out of the car, expecting the pain to rush, stabbing into her ruined body, but it was nothing. she could feel, nothing, she rushed to her mother, before getting stopped by eddie. the same neon green shirt stained.

"where i'll be looking in their eyes when they're down„

he grabs the back of her shirt, pulling her back into the scene. before making him face her. her mother stares at her, large eyes fearful, but her body stays put. clementine screams, but the only thing that flies out is some moths, censoring her cries.

"by the ring„

clementine sits down, watching eddie say something, but the only thing that comes to her ears is the static ringing sound. she stares off, looking at her mother, standing timidly.