sunsets

with a few twists
-
"is my name in your mouth?" i grab schlatt's shoulder and force him towards me.

"oh- of course not my dearest clementine," he says it as a joke, but my heart flutters, and my blood rushes to my face. i play it off but go sit back where i was.

i grab my phone out of my bag, and check the time. 3pm. they planned to stay till sunset? how the hell was i supposed to not fall asleep. i grab my airpods out of my bag, and play my narcissistic playlist.

i've been changing...

i throw my arms out and fall on the ground as clementine by grentperez plays. i see someone walk over me, hesitate, and turn around. i look up and see schlatt, walking away, his t shirt covering his swim trunks.

"schlatt, come here!" i wave and motion for him to sit down. i bury my face back into the ground and i feel the vibrations as he sits.

"clem, listen," i bring my hand up and shush him, before pulling my left airpod out and handing it him. when he says my name my heart thumps. not in the way when wilbur says it.

but the burning stays the same...

"narcissism playlist?" i only nod my head in response to him. he takes off his tshirt and i poke him in the ribs and he goes to lay down with me. he faces down and stretch out, releasing the aches in my bones. he laughs and touches my back.

"what happened to us," i turn my face over and look him in the eyes. he had the same idea.

"who knows,"

"yeah. who knows."

i smile.

what can i do to tame the heat of this fire?

i rack my mind to bring up bad memories of schlatt, but all of them were my fault. i caused all of it.

"what's going on in your head?" he flicks me and i laugh.

"that was straight cringe my guy. but you. you're on my mind," i laugh a little and get sand in my mouth. i spit it out.

"shh," he laughs, "i know it was."

i could look into his eyes for an eternity.

"hah—" i choke out as the next song begins to play.

"now what song is this?" schlatts expression changes as the song perfectly describes me.

five four, black hair, never had her dad there

i laugh and flip around onto my back. he follows.

"she just wants vodka and cigarettes? has her dealer on speed dial? clementine adair, you never told me someone made a song about you? has a tattoo sleeve? are you hiding something?" i laugh a little as art hoe continues to play.

"listen, i did coke once, i don't have the dude who gave it to me on speed dial, though. the vodka and cigarettes is too true though. my mom was russian," i shrug and laugh.

"and your dad was? never there, for one,"

"my dad is japanese. i think atleast. never met him," i shrug and laugh. we sit in silence for a bit before another song plays.

my teas gone cold and i'm left here wondering why i get out of bed at all...

i see schlatt's eyebrow raise into a rock face. i'm shocked he's never heard this song. ah, he's probably only hear the main bit.

"just wait," i close my eyes. i'm not really sure why this song is on my playlist, i just like it i guess.

dear slim, i wrote you but you still ain't callin'...