quackity

i dunno how to play poker
-
when the uber finally stops, i grab clementines hand, and help steady her so she can hop out. the casino isn't that big, but we both decided it would be fun to go to one, even if it didn't have much.

"hey alex, can you help me into the door," she wobbles a bit more, a huge grin on her face. i roll my eyes and head over to help her, but just as i'm about to grab her, she wobbles a bit too much. after she fall, she brings me down with her, and we're a laughing mess on the pavement. after getting a few weird stares, we head into the casino, and clementine immediately heads to the bar. i follow her, watching her attempt to walk, but wobbling.

"clementine, dude," i grab her shoulders, steadying her, and she smiles in relief, "what do you want?"

"strawberry daiquiri," she smiles as she sits down at one of the slot machines, loading a ten dollar bill from her purse into it. i watch as she presses the button and the colorful wheel spin. i walk over to the bar and order a strawberry daiquiri. i'm not a drinking man, so i just get clementines drink and bring it to her. it's not fancy, and it's in a little plastic cup. but i still bring it to her.

"you didn't roofie me right?"

"what? no? why the hell would you ask that? the fuck," i scramble for my words, not expecting her to ask this.

"that's what someone who did roofie me would say,"

"dude i didn't roofie you,"

"you're my ride home either way," she shrugs as i sit next to her, shaking my head.

"any luck?"

"nope," she spins again, and her bank runs too low to spin again, so she cashes out, stuffing the receipt the machine spits out into her purse, and heading over to the poker tables, where i take another seat next to her, and watch as she reaches into her purse and takes out 500 dollars, and the dealer give her a stack of chips. i do the same, pretty much blowing my budget.

"sheesh," i exhale as more people join the table, and the dealer shuffles and spreads out the cards. when i get my cards, i realize i have a pretty good hand to start off. a seven and a five, both of clubs. i need clubs for a flush, and a queen, king, an ace or a nine for a straight. if they're all of clubs it'll be better

the big blind is 50, so i throw in my chips. i watch as clementine hesitating, signaling she has a bad hand, and tucking a hair behind her ear. she throws in 25 for the small blind and the rest of the people follow. the dealer sets out the flop, and i watch as a rich guy next to me folds. i call. he set out a jack of clubs, three of hearts, and a queen of clubs. i got pretty lucky, but i don't want to tell. so i call.

"ahem," clementine tucks her hair and coughs lightly, calling. i watch the man next to her smirk, and raise. i see clementines lips slightly twitch, and she looks to me, worried. one more person folds, and the others call. nothing interesting.

the dealer flips the turn and reveals it as a six of diamonds. clementine sucks i a breath, and blows it out quickly. she tucks another hair. the snobby guy raises again. there's 600 in the pot right now, and he just raised the minimal bet to 150. i watch as the lady next to him hesitates and raises. must think she has something good. the other person folds, and it's to me. i call. eight chips are pushed to the middle.

"uh. uhm- i'll, call?" she asks the question before shaking her head, "yeah i'll call."

does she not know how to do this? he pulls over the river.

it's a king of clubs. this is perfect for anyone with a jack and ten. but nobody would have that considering the chances. clementine inhales quickly, dropping her head. the dealer gives us our last chance to fold, and the rich snobby guy raises. the bet is 250 now. the last calls and pushes in her last chips. the rich snobby guy has a few left, because he apparently put more in. i ouch my last chips in, and, hesitantly clementine does.