betrayal

hey there delilah - plain white t's
lone star - the front bottoms (skip)
when i come around - green day
beef flomix  - flo milli
brain stew - green day
wake me up when september ends - green day
one way or another - blondie

-

i ignore wilburs dejected face and fall back into schlatt. my mind keeps wandering, but he finally lets go, and sits back down, "you don't know how good it feels to get that off my chest," his laugh is fake and his voice is coarse, but it serves as a gentle reminder of how much i missed him. i grab his hand as he flexes it, small marks from where he hit wilbur. my heart pangs slightly, but i push it back down.

"did you ice this? it looks, not good," i smile as i push on it, receiving a string of swears and my new play thing getting pulled away from it.

"fuck clem, obviously. it's not broke just bruised. probably gonna break if you keep fucking pressing on it," he laughs, this time it's real and from his gut.

"i do need a favor though," i twiddle my thumbs lightly and laugh a bit, "can i stay in your room? for... a bit?"

"jesus clem, do ya' miss me that much?" i want to kiss that smirk off his smug face, but i resist the urge, and instead nod.

"and wilbur just watched us reconcile. plus we had pretty weird sex, after i tried to kill myself, last night so..." i speed up the attempted suicide part and just smile as he looks at me with pity.

"clementine adair? the fuck did you just say,"

"i tried to drown myself last night. well tried is a big word it was more accidental, and i uh really just didn't want to die, well i did but like i wasn't planning it out it was more circumstances that just aligned, and yknow mercury is in retrograde and i still haven't fully recovered from 9-"

"clementine?" i hear the familiar voice of dream from behind me.

"haha, haha, ha. ha," turning around i smile as the rest of smp and their harem stand behind me, "that's a direct quote from greys anatomy. my favorite show, right schlatt, haha. when meredith tries to drown herself and derek saves her..." i step on his shoe and he nods.

"yes we were talking about it because i couldn't believe she tried to drown herself- in the uh, bath. i just got to that episode," schlatt laughs and itches his neck.

"alright then... we were going to go to the beach.. are you coming or?"

"yes! um, let me go get dressed..."

i laugh awkwardly as i scurry upstairs, taking the stairwell, and slip into my room. wilbur greets me, sitting on the bed.

"green, or blue?" he asks, holding up two swimsuits. i point to the green one and try not to make eye contact.

"matches your eyes," i scour my suitcase for a green suit, praying i packed one.

"yknow, if i was just your rebound from schlatt you can tell me, i really don't care," i see him shrug and i roll my eyes. i stand up after i find a dark green bikini.

"you're not my rebound from schlatt. i wouldn't really consider you a rebound, more of a-"

i'm cut off by wilbur grabbing my waist, his voice lowers to a whisper.

"if you're going to use me as a rebound," he tightens his grip, "use me well."

i smirk and turn around, pushing him onto the bed.

"let me get dressed asshole," i roll my eyes and change into my bikini... slowly. i tap his shorts and smile before heading out of the room.

"fuck you," he laughs, his voice posh. we hurry downstairs where most of the group waits. we're still missing a few, but i sit down and fiddle with my bikini.

-

beach episode