sorry

playlist "what the heck"
there's a good reason these tables are numbered honey, you just haven't thought of it yet - panic! at the disco
drivers license- olivia rodrigo
cause for concern - lovejoy
death of a bachelor - panic! at the disco
bojack horseman s1
my boyfriends back - the angels
are you satisfied - marina and the diamonds
hollywood - marina and the diamonds
seventeen - ladytron
it's everyday bro - jake paul
the real slim shady - eminem
-
"hey clem," our eyes meet as i see her from across the way. she looks up at me and smiles. god i forgot how beautiful she is when she smiles. the way her eyes slightly squint, one squinting a bit more than the other, and her happy lopsided smile with her small gap in her front two teeth, and the single dimple on the left side of her lip, and the way her teeth shine.

"hey schlatt," she responds and i almost faint. i can't believe i've missed her for so long. no fuck off schlatt, it doesn't matter. she doesn't like you. i lift my arm up and show her the luggage that i grabbed, including her laptop. she smiles again.

"yeah i saw it sitting there before you texted me, and i recognize your mario kissing sonic laptop sleeve from anywhere," i laugh. why am i laughing. nothing was funny. but soon her laugh joins mine and we make a harmony.

"oh yeah," she giggles and my heart melts, "i've seen it so many times i forgot i had it," her laughter filling the air again. i can't help but smile. i reach out a hand and her smaller porcelain fingers grab it. her freezing skin hits mine, and i pull her into a hug. she immediately panics and pushes off. shit you fucking dumbass. of course she didn't want a hug.

"c'mere," she gives me a kiss on the cheek. i blush and immediately rub the back of my neck, scratching some bug bite that just always seems to be there.

"haha, what?" i laugh awkwardly as she grabs me and pulls me and her luggage towards the exit. the layover is a full day, and i forgot to book my hotel. fuck.

"did you forget to book your hotel?" clementine looks up at me, her brown eyes meeting mine, "yeah i could tell from the look in your eyes." she puts in her airpods and holds my hand as we walk to the bus. she was several inches shorter than me, and just so tiny.

i hum some random tune lightly as we board the bus, clementine squeezing my hand as we sit on separate seats awaiting the ride. she pulls something on her phone to check when to get off, as i pull mine out of my pocket.

clementine shakes me as she stands, motioning for me to hop off. i look at the random hotel she booked, and it looks like some sleazy motel. makes sense. she is a cheapskate, evidence from the cheap sweats and her own merch she's wearing. we hop off the bus and she leads me into the reception.

"it's 75 a night, but it'll be extra if ya' don' want yer name in the book," the man winks at me like i hired clementine as a prostitute, "she's fresh, you're lucky. some of these sleazy whores can and will give you herpes. the damn ol' gift that keeps givin'," clementine stifles a laugh and the man stares at her pissed.

"the fuck are you laughin' at cheap slut," clementine continues to stare him down as the man berates him. i stand awkwardly behind her, not wanting to lose our room for the night.

clementine puts her hand on the counter. making eye contact with the man. her face is kind, which is confusing the hell out of me.

"look at me here you failed fucking abortion in the middle of shit hicks town. your parents couldn't give you up for fucking adoption because they were siblings, so they sent you to school where you became a failure and dropout and an even bigger disappointment than you already were so they thought maybe my dumbass child can work at out failing fucking motel but you can't even do that can you? maybe if you were able to get anything through your thick fucking skull from being inbred you'd let me in the room instead of making dumbass redneck comments with your ugly ass accent, yeah?
thank you."

holy. shit. why did she drop that block of text that had nothing to do with what we were doing.

"uh— okay. $70 a night alright? can i put you down for one day? yes? alright. you're room 105," he adjusts his posture, and clementine smiles and takes the key from him.

"thank you! have a nice day!" she smiles and heads out the door.

"woah, clementine. what was that?"

"i hate georgia."

-

short filler chapter to put me in the mood to write