Meet Up

|Part 1: The Sick |
|_____________|

Kerim's house wasn't half bad, to be honest. Looked like it lacked a few things, like egg layers in the chicken coop, some hay, and a chair or two out here. But there was a reason for that. It was late evening now, and everybody in Gern was heading home for the night. The owner walked up to his door, and opened it. "Come on in guys, the house ain't going to bite." He joked

Fionda seemed less sure about this, but was always a person who'd make a plan and stick with it. "Great."

You both walked into the nearly empty house, you first and your guardian last, and looked around the place. It was dark, since there were no lights on or candles lit. The living room was practically empty, with a small fire place, to the right was the kitchen and up ahead was a hallway that most likely led to the bedrooms. "You weren't kidding when you said you sold practically everything." The house was so empty, your quiet voice would echo throught the entire room, making it sound louder.

Kerim struggled to close the door, and in the cra's opinion, was making himself look more like a fool. At the start, the door would stop halfway open, so he'd have to open it all the way, and then close it, but it wouldn't fully shut. "Come, stupid thing."

"Do you need help?"

He shook his head, putting a little more elbow grease into it. Just close you piece of trash! "No, Y/n I've got!"

Kerim repeated opening it and trying close it over and over, getting more frusterated with each swing. "Just close already!"

With one final tug, he yanked it closed, making it slam and echo into the rest of the silent house. "Finally." Letting out a satisfied sigh, he turned around with a smile and said, "As your host for the evening," then he whispered the next part to no one, "and for giving me food on the way here, I would like cook whatever you two want as my guests. Er, I mean whatever I have in the pantry. Any questions?"

Without another second, you raised your hand.

"Um, yes Y/n?"

"Can I let Min out of her bag? I didn't want her running around town, and she'll get cranky if I don't." You asked, point at your bag.

"I.. don't see why not, it's not as if she could dirty anything." Kerim walked past you and Fionda, heading towards probably his daughter's room. "Let me know what you guys find, and if you want, you can get the fire going now."

"Okay, thanks again Kerim for this." You said, glad that no more kamas had to be spent.

He held out his thumb, as a way of saying your welcome. He disappeared into the dark hallway, leaving you two to your own devices. Then you lifted your bag off your shoulder, and onto the ground. "Oh Min Min." You called.

She zoomed out of your luggage, happy that she no longer had to be in there. The bow wow ran around you in circles a couple times and quickly jumped on Fionda, giving her a big sloppy kiss. "Min no! Off- urg!"

The canine hopped off, and immediately began sniffing around, wanting to see the rest of the house. The sight made you chuckle, knowing that deep down, that dog would always be a puppy in your eyes. "Do you want to start the fire, or go check the pantry?" You asked.

"I'll go see what this man has for food." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Can you set up the sleeping bags too? Better to do it now then later on."

"Got it."

After Fionda left, you bent down, and pulled out a box of matches from your pocket. You reached out to the cra's bag, pulling out some wood, and placing it in it's proper place. Then you slide the match across the side, bringing the flame to life. Without a care in the world, you flicked it into the fire place, watching the fire start to grow. There we go. Nothing like a good fire to warm the place up.