[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

A/N: This is one of many unpublished chapters I have in my drafts. I figured why not share it (Yes, decades later lol)! 

• • •

Chapter 58 — Jeon Hyeri 

"Scalpel." Dr. Lee speaks up with his hand lifted to his right side. I watch him as his eyes are focused on the patient laying before his hands. I narrow my eyes as he proceeds to cut through the patient's flesh. A feeling of excitement rushes through my veins and I can't help but feel proud of my student.

The procedure is an easy one. However, no surgeons should take anything for granted. Anything can happen in an OR. Talking about this, I remember my trip to the OR from a couple of days ago. It sure wasn't pretty. One of the best days of my life took another turn.

As much as I'd like to remember something else, the only thing that I have in mind is the unbearable silence that followed my last push. Nothing. Emptiness. I couldn't hear a thing except for the doctors' movements towards the side of the room, my daughter's in their hands.

"She's not crying. She's not reacting. Someone tells me what's happening! Don't leave me out of it." I kept crying out that day. I was so scared and I didn't even feel my inside tearing up. I'm sure I heard my colleagues shout stuff like I was loosing too much blood but I was focused on one thing. My daughter.

She should be crying. She should moving. She should be living. And she wasn't.

I remember looking to my side and meet Jungkook's eyes. I remember seeing the mix feelings in his eyes as he was debating wether he should leave my side and go to our daughter's or not. But it took a second, a simple look into each other's eyes, before we agreed who was the priority. I remember my hand feeling empty as I watched my husband rush towards the group of doctors. He was speaking to me at the same time but I couldn't hear anything. Not anymore.

All I remember is that I felt empty. I felt like life was being sucked out of my body. Everything became distant. Everything turned dark.

"There you are."

A sigh catches me out of my thoughts. I follow the sound and heave out some air. "Don't sigh on me. I'm the one who should be sighing here. Don't you know what resting means or should I do a whole presentation on the art of resting?"

I gasp at the audacity but before I can say anything, I'm being moved around without my permission. "Hey! Let me be!" I watch the window to the operating room slowly fading away and out of my sight as my rolling chair is being pulled the other direction.

"Who even rolled you there? Did you bother nurses to bring you here? I'll definitely talk to them." Jin speaks out and I can feel his energy through my skin, I know he's rolling his eyes behind my back. "What is she putting you through my little sunshine, huh? Making you watch horrible things like that." He continues, lowering his head next to mine, now talking to the little human peacefully laying in my arms.

I look down at the treasure life gifted me and forget about everything around me. "This wasn't horrible, was it, Hyeri?" The sparkles in my daughter's eyes bring warmth in my ached body. The side of her cheeks curls up as a smile makes its way to her face. One dimple appears on the side of her left cheek and the image of her father comes across my mind. Damn, they look alike.

"I'm sure she's there—" talking about the devil. I hear my husband's voice and we soon meet him after Jin opens the doors to the hallway. "Hyejin." Uh-oh, my whole name is out. No babe, no honey, no nothing.