Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies

Loving yourself is a very important message for people who live in this age of confusion and hardship.

—Min Yoongi.

Chapter 48

SECRETS OR LIES

•••

"Ok, take it upon yourself Hyejin. You can do this." I said to myself after hanging up with Jungkook.

I took in a deep breath, blocking the tears building up in the corner of my eyes, before turning around to face Soyeon again.

The look on her face brought so much anger in me yet it all washed away when I remembered she was pregnant and I was just.. breaking their family?

I was lost.

"Since when did you know you're pregnant?" I asked calmly.

"This is none of your business." She retorted only to bring suspicion into my head. I raised an eyebrow and repeated my question. "Why does it matter?"

I tilted my head to the side as the suspicion kept growing in me, "Because it's supposingly Jungkook's baby? I'd like to know."

"That's something I'll discuss with him and just him—"

"Oh there you are!" Chaeyoung's voice came from behind me.

She always manages to arrive at the perfect timing and today was no different. I looked behind my back and saw her walking towards us, her smile soon turning into a thin line.

"Soyeon?"

"Oh you're not ready." I sarcastically spoke earning a look from her.

"What's happening? Again?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes never leaving me as if Soyeon wasn't even present.

"She's—"

"I'm pregnant." Soyeon decided to announce it herself.

"What?" Chaeyoung finally moved her head to her right, where Soyeon stood, before bringing her attention back to me, "What did she say?"

"I am preg—" Soyeon stopped in her track when Chaeyoung left her index. She watched me with her eyebrow curved up.

"She's pregnant." I said it myself only to earn a scoff from my bestfriend. She took in a deep breath as she started nodding uncontrollably.

"She's pregnant." She repeated and I sighed.

"What is she? Deaf?" Soyeon dared to say and now it was me loosing my cool.

"Will you shut—"

"You better shut up and don't try me." Chaeyoung defended herself automatically before her death stare landed on me, "Where the fuck is Jungkook right now ? Does he know ? Since when does she know she's pregnant?"

"She doesn't want to tell me and Jungkook is on its way."

"Since when do you know?!" She glared at her deeply only for her to be completely phased out.

"Jungkook is coming?"

"That doesn't answer my question." Chaeyoung crossed her arms together.