Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love

a/n: How could I not notice it ; we have reached 400 reads and 125 votes.. Like.. How? I'm in lost for words. I'm so grateful to yall, thank you so so so very much. I didn't expect it.

I hope you'll keep enjoying PATHS. To celebrate this, a double update on HyeKook's past. (got the ship name from @lhope_san hehe) 

(Yes. Again. I'm so excited these days, lmao)

Like Namjoonie would say,

I, really, love you.

PL.

Ps: Another flashback chapter!

QOTD

Smiling does not necessarily mean you're happy. Sometimes it just means you're strong.

— Nishan Panwar.

⊱Chapter 16⊰

FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE

The sound of moving tools mixed with the teacher's voice rang in the back of Hyejin's head. Her eyes were fixed to the front without showing any sign of life.

"Hyejin?" Jisoo's voice brought her back to reality. Hyejin looked up at the girl, "The bell rang."

"Oh," She slightly shook her head and gathered her things before putting them in her bag, "Thank you"

Jisoo softened after getting a sight of Hyejin's face. Her eyes were burning red and the bags that surrounded them were as evident. 'She must have cried a lot..' 

"I'm so sorry Hyejin-ah, I told you as soon as I knew it.." She mumbled and Hyejin offered a soft but weak smile in return,

"I know Jisoo and I thank you for that. I mean it." Hyejin gently placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, "I'll get going now."

Chaeyoung waited for Hyejin at their original spot and her heart dropped to the floor when she finally got a glimpse of her bestfriend.

Hyejin told her everything already and as much as she wanted to kill Jungkook, Chaeyoung promised she'd stay calm for the sake of her bestfriend and only for her. In fact, Chaeyoung would have already bursted her anger on the man if she could. 

She knew her bestfriend more than anybody else. She pulled the weak girl away from the public area and into the women bathroom. As soon as they isolated themselves, Hyejin broke into tears. Again.

"It's ok, Jinie.." She whispered, stroking the back of Hyejin's head after the girl fell into her arms, "You'll be ok."

"I look so pathetic."

Hyejin spoke out as her hands reached for her face. She was feeling so much emotions at the same time. At some point, anger took over sadness. She's mad at herself for being so vulnerable.