Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air

Every moment should be memorable.

— Min Yoongi.

Chapter 5

SOME FRESH AIR

•••

Like the saying would say, time flies when you're in good company.

It was now 1:30 in the morning and everybody headed to bed already, except for Hyejin who couldn't find sleep despite the numbers of wine glasses she engulfed.

Hyejin lazily made her way downstairs and headed to the kitchen. Before heading to the outside patio, she casually went to the fridge and poured herself some milk into a cup.

After sitting herself down, her eyes wandered around the area. The beautiful house she was watching made her feel things people wouldn't understand.

When they were younger, Seokjin and Hyejin were always judged by their status saying that they had an easy life all thanks to their parents' jobs.

However, none of them knew how it really was. She did have everything she wanted. Everything that was material.

None of them knew how it was to grow up without parents. It might sound selfish since their parents were still alive. Nonetheless, it hurt the siblings even more knowing their parents were there but not by their sides since they were constantly rushing to the Hospital and missed most of their childhood.

She was grateful though. She knew they were doing their best to saves lives and to assure their kids'.

Seokjin, on the other hand, suffered a lot. He had to take care of his sister and when he wanted to pursue his dream to become a surgeon, a few people only put his talent on his parents' names.

He promised he would do anything to take their parents' weight away. He worked hard to get his own name recognized as "Dr. Kim Seokjin" and not "Dr. Kim's son."

Now, there he is. Living in this enormous house that he paid with his own blood, sweat and tears.

"I'm proud of you, Jin" Hyejin mumbled to herself as she took a sip of her milk.

"Hyejin?"

The girl almost chocked on her drink, surprised someone was awake at this hour. She turned around only to see Jungkook standing there with a ceramic cup in his hand.

"Oh, Jungkook? How come you're not sleeping?" She asked, watching him walk closer to her position.

"I can ask you the same thing."

"Right. I couldn't sleep. Plus, I forgot how much Namjoon's snores were loud."

Jungkook laughed at her words before taking his cardigan off and placing it on her shoulders, "It's cold. You don't want to be sick on your first day at work on Monday."

Hyejin was taken aback by his action and looked up in confusion, "R-right. Thanks."

"W-welcome." He responded calmly while it was pure chaos in his head for making such a move. "What are you drinking?"

"Cold milk. You?"

"Same."

His response brought a smile to the girl's face, "Not changing much, huh?"