Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting

Those who keep trying without giving up are the ones who succeed.

—Kim Seokjin.

Chapter 41

FIGHTING

•••

"She's awake ?"

"Is she awake?"

"Is it true?"

"HOW IS SHE ?!" Hoseok stormed in the room after the other five and I couldn't contain my laugh.

His aura will never fail to brighten up my mood. The laugh brought so much pain to my body yet I couldn't stop it. I brought my arm to my stomach and waved my free hand in front of me,

"O-ok, let's ease up on the laughing. I-It hurts."

"Who cares ! It means you're alive !" He cheered only to gain faces from every single one of us.

Namjoon shook his head in amusement, "He isn't that wrong tho. Pain makes you feel alive."

All of us blinked. A sigh escaped my mouth at the same time one did for Chaeyoung. We exchanged looks as she sat down next to me, "This is too philosophic for me right now."

"S-same."

My eyes wandered around the room and to see all of my friends gathered only a few minutes after I woke up made me feel grateful. However, I couldn't ignore the fact that someone was missing.

I've been waiting ever since the last one of them entered my room. I thought he might be late, that he'll come through this door at any moment but no. Jungkook was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe he was with Soyeon ?

I forgot for a second that she was in the Hospital only a few days ago too. Being his girlfriend, it is normal for him to be there with her instead of here with me.

But why was I feeling this way?

I wanted him to be standing in this room. In fact, he was the one I wanted to see after my family and Chae. How selfish of me to want that when he have somewhere else to be. I felt guilty. Yet it was soon replaced by envy. I was envious of her. Being able to recover with him by her side.

'Am I jealous? '

"Hello ? Taehyung to Hyejin ? Anyone here ?"

"She's gone."

"IS IT SOME SIDE EFFECT ?!" Hoseok panicked upon hearing Yoongi's words. I shook my head back to reality only to roll my eyes in amusement.

"You're really panicking for nothing oppa." Chaeyoung commented before giving me a worried smile, "He's panicking for nothing right? You're good huh?"

I nodded before glancing at the boys, "Where is Jungkook?"

An odd silence fell over us as they all looked down at me. I blinked in confusion while a frown formed on my face.

"Why are you all so quiet?"

"Ah Hobi, let's go get some coffee!" Yoongi started, tapping Hoseok's shoulder and the latter didn't waste a second before nodding.

"I'm tagging along too!" Namjoon raised his hand before following the two others.

"Me three!"