Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go

Worries. Everyone has worries. You might feel a little unhappy when you have them, but it will pass, and soon after you'll feel happiness again.

—Kim Seokjin.

Chapter 50

LET GO

•••

(Hyejin's POV)

"Does it help?"

I simply nodded to Johnny's question as I start to relax in his arms. That's all I needed today. Comfort.

I just needed someone to say nothing and just be present. For a slight second, I completely forgot the situation I was in. However, reality soon kicked back in when I heard Jungkook's loud voice.

"REALLY?!"

I opened my eyes only to see him standing by the door, his eyes showing nothing but anger. While I wasn't understanding his reaction for the first second, I then remembered what was happening at that particular moment.

Instantly, I pushed myself away from Johnny and cleared my throat.

Johnny, who was once again at the wrong place at the wrong time, straightened up and looked behind him. Before he could even say a word, Jungkook took a step forward.

"You keep your hands off her."

His tone was dry and harsh. It was as if I was non-existent as his eyes focused on my friend. I gulped.

"Look man, this is not what you think. I just wanted to comfort her." He explained himself yet his choice of words might not have been ideal at that moment.

"WHAT" Jungkook raised his voice while taking another step further, giving me my cue to interfere.

"Jungkook." I called him but got nothing. His attention was fully on the other man and for once in my life, the look in his eyes scared me.

"Hey, calm down dude." Johnny tried.

"DON'T—"

"Ok!" I immediately stepped in, placing myself in between the two. I looked over my shoulder and sighed. "Johnny, I'm sorry.. I'll need to talk to him in private if you don't mind."

Again, silence.

I turned around only to see the boys having some sort of a gazing battle. When it didn't surprise me coming from Jungkook and his awful jealousy, I was taken aback by Johnny's attitude. He wasn't letting go this time. It wasn't like him.

"Johnny?" I called.

With his eyes still on Jungkook, he replied, "You shouldn't be going through all that Hyejin."

Now I was really surprised. Johnny is always so calm that seeing this part of him; manly and serious, was quite shocking. He would usually step out of any conflicts, walking away when he's asked to, yet there he was.