Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative

Go on your path, even if you live for a day.

—Park Jimin.

Chapter 51
NEGATIVE

•••

A full day has passed since the news has fallen. The Kim's house has gone completely quiet after sobs were the only sound heard during the entire night.

Jin gently stroke his sister's hair as the poor Hyejin fell asleep on his shoulder.

"Jinie—"

"Shh." Jin cut Chaeyoung off when she came into the room. He pointed at his sister and the girl immediately lowered her voice.

"Oh sorry," She quietly made her way to the bed and sat on the edge, by Jin's legs.

A heavy sigh escaped the elder's mouth. He met his friend's eyes and spoke, "How's your plan going? Please tell me we're not waiting in vain."

She shrugged, "I can't confirm it'll be in vain but it's worth the try. How is she? Did you tell her yet?"

Jin's eyes fell before his attention went fully to his little sister. It took her some time to calm down and even more to fall asleep. After all of this, she finally looked peaceful but he knew it was only a matter of time before reality quicks back in.

He can perfectly remember how he reacted at the news, how he felt, and knowing it will be duplicated for Hyejin worried him.

Flashback.

"You go take a shower now." Jin ordered, pulling his sister off her bed.

Hyejin was weak. She was completely drained out of energy and she wasn't willing to do anything. It was her killing point emotionally.

However, with her brother's help, she at least pushed herself to go freshen up. Reluctantly, she stood up and dragged her feet to the bathroom door until Jin stopped her.

"Do you want me to cook something? Are you hungry?" He asked and she didn't waste a minute to shake her head in response. "Ok, I'll go freshen up too."

"Ok," She completed and disappeared in her bathroom.

Jin heaved out a long sigh while staring at the bathroom door. As he was about to leave the room, a sound stopped him in his track.

Recognizing his ringtone, he pulled out his phone only to regret it a second later. His jaw fell down to the floor as he read Chaeyoung's message.

Chaeyoung: "The test was positive, Soyeon is pregnant."

Panicking, Jin began to type uncontrollably.

Jin: "What? What do we do? I can't tell her that now! She's already heart broken! I can't!"

He didn't even have to wait long before Chaeyoung replied back.

Chaeyoung: "I know but actually, don't tell her yet."

Jin: "What? But she'll be upset if she knows."

Chaeyoung: "I have a plan."

Jin: "A plan? Chaeyoung, what is that plan?"

Chaeyoung: "I'll let you know soon I promise. In the meantime, take care of her."

Jin stared at his phone, confused yet hopeful that their friend would actually find a way to make everything work. Even though he didn't know what that was all about, he trusted her.

End of the flashback.

Sighing, Jin shook his head, "No, I didn't tell her. You should go change and sleep too, you had a long day."

Chaeyoung nodded and the both of them gently stood up, making sure not to wake Hyejin up. While the girl grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom, Jin headed to the door until he stopped at the frame.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Hum?" She responded, turning around.

"Thank you for everything you do for Hyejin. You're my little sister too." He confessed only to soften the girl.

A gentle smile made its way to Chaeyoung's face as she replied, "Anything for my family."

A day later, Chaeyoung woke up early to take care of a couple consultations so her bestfriend could start her shift later.

As she walked out of the second consultation of the day, Chaeyoung was surprised by Jeno's sudden apparition.

"DR. PARK !" He yelled from the other side of the hall as he ran towards his superior's position.

"Dr. Lee!" She exclaimed herself hoping it was the results she's been waiting for.

Jeno waved a piece of paper as he slid himself through the crowd. "I GOT THE RESULTS !"

Chaeyoung gasped and started getting impatient. The more he ran to her, the more anxious she felt.

"There!" He held the paper to the other doctor and without wasting a second, Chaeyoung grabbed it. She traced her finger on the sheet until she reached the section she was interested in.

"Blood.. hum.. negati— NEGATIVE !" Her eyes and mouth widened at the word written on it. "JENO IT'S NEGATIVE !"

"It is!"

"I have to go!" She moved her head from one side to another, her mind running miles and miles, "Page Jin— Dr. Kim Seokjin, 911 now! I'll be at Hope Cafe!"

Not letting Jeno place a word, Chaeyoung stormed out of the room while typing on her phone. After a few seconds, the other person answered,

"Hello?"

"Jimin! Meet me at the cafe!"