Chapter 45 ㅡ Us

Let's not push off the things we need to do today for tomorrow.

—Jung Hoseok.

Chapter 45

US

•••

"What now?"

"Jungkook?"

Hyejin's voice echoed in the empty room as she watched her hand tracing Jungkook's one. The latter was too much into his thoughts, he didn't even hear the question and hummed.

A sigh escaped the girl's lips as she slowly moved her body to the side, making Jungkook's head fall of her shoulder.

"What's that for?" He finally spoke out, looking at her confusingly.

"I've been talking to you." She responded only to see his face. He was so into his mind that his eyes were still staring blankly at her, "What were you thinking about?"

Jungkook threw his head back on her pillow, his eyes glued on the ceiling, "Us."

Flashback.

Jungkook lazily made his way down the beach and finally reached a place dear to his heart. As he passed by the abandoned hut, his eyes finally landed on the long pontoon that stood by the water. A shadow occupied the end of it. It was a girl and despite his unclear vision of her, he knew exactly who she was.

With a soft smile taking over his entire expression, he made his way down the wooden surface. As he grew closer to her position, he could get a better glimpse of her. The long flowing shadow turned to be her long and beautiful hair as they flew around, carried by the gentle breeze of Fall.

No matter how many times he had seen her, she always brought his heart to beat faster and faster.

"Hey," He gently called.

Hyejin turned around, so caught up by the landscape she didn't even hear him coming. "Oh hey."

"What are you doing here? My mother said you were here when I looked for you."

"I just wanted to take a walk on the beach and found this place. I didn't want to bother you while you helped your father." She explained, pulling her attention back to the view while Jungkook took a seat next to her.

"I was born here and never even paid attention to this place."

"Who would? It's an abandoned hut after all."

Jungkook watched her and reached for a piece of hair that covered her face, "You would, because you see beautiful things in small ones."

Hyejin chuckled, rolling her eyes in amusement. "How was your day with your father?"

"Good. We finished building everything my mom need for her garden and when I went to take a shower, I saw that my girlfriend had left me." He faked a heavy sigh with his eyes widening in anticipation for a reaction for her. As he wished, Hyejin gasped and turned her head immediately.

"I didn't leave you!" She hit his shoulder before seeing the smirk on his face, "Stupid ass."

Jungkook laughed and brought his left arm to her hip, pulling her closer to him, "I'm kidding."

She shook her head in amusement before resting it on his shoulder. The two of them stayed still for a few seconds until something popped in the girl's mind.

"Kook?" She called him only to earn a hum from Jungkook. "You promise me that no matter where we are in life, we won't hate each other?"

Jungkook was taken aback by her sudden question and immediately pushed his attention to her, looking down with worries, "Why are you saying that?"

"No particular reason. I'm just scared of the future. We're graduating next year and we might take different paths. I don't want us to be apart but if it happens-"

"Don't be scared." He cut her off, "I will never hate you and if you need to hear it from me to feel better then I promise."

Hyejin sucked on her bottom lips and remained silent. For some reasons, the beautiful view of Busan brought her thoughts she didn't even consider before.

Upon getting no response, Jungkook gently reached for her chin and directed it towards him. The frown that was on her face brought a smile on his face, "Don't frown like this, you'll get wrinkles. Or at least that's what Jin hyung said."

Finally, the girl loosened up as a giggle came out of her mouth and released the tension she had on her face, "He's dumb. You're dumb."

The only sight of her smiling made him happy. He cupped her face and looked into her eyes, "Let's not think about it yet ok? We came down here to relax. We'll figure this out later. For now, I'm here and won't go anywhere."

Hyejin nodded despite the pout forming on her face. Jungkook shook his head in amusement before placing a kiss on her lips.

"I love you." He declared.

"I love you too."

End of flashback.

"Mh? What about us ?" Hyejin tilted her head to the side.

"Remember the pontoon you went to when I first introduced you to my parents?"

"Of course I do. It was so beautiful and nobody dared to go there as it was abandoned and all creepy." She recalled, a soft chuckle coming out of her mouth.

"When Jin hyung came to bring me back, I was there. I didn't even know how but at some point, when I was drunk, my feet led me there which makes me think that no matter what.. I'll always go where you are." He confessed only to earn a scoff from the girl.

"Why are you so cheesy all of a sudden?" She joked, poking his cheek at the same time. However, Jungkook remained serious.

"I'm serious. I don't ever want to be apart from you."

Hyejin softened and nodded, "Me neither.."

"But let's see if we'll survive telling the others first."