Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real

You never walk alone.

—Bangtan Sonyeondan.

Chapter 47

TOO PERFECT TO BE REAL

•••

"You."

A female voice interrupted the conversation between Johnny and Hyejin. The two doctors looked behind them only to see a familiar person.

"Soyeon?" Hyejin called, surprised by her sudden presence. "Is everything ok? Do you need anything?"

She genuinely asked, remembering she was in the Hospital not so long ago like her too, and had major surgeries during that time.

Soyeon stood there with her hands into fists. The expression on her face was quite hard to read and it was a mix of both anger and despair.

"No, nothing's fine and that's all your fault." She talked under her breath, her eyes never leaving Hyejin as she took a couple steps further.

"Uh-Oh," Johnny mumbled before slightly bending to Hyejin's level, "I suppose this is the now-ex girlfriend we saw a few weeks ago?"

Hyejin sighed, knowing perfectly this whole conversation was Jungkook-centred. She looked around her only to see the cafeteria being packed with all kind of people : doctors and patients.

As she remembered exactly how Soyeon made a scene the last time she came for this same exact reason, Hyejin wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again. She took in a deep breath and talked calmly.

"Should we go somewhere more quiet?"

Upon getting nothing but silence from the girl, Hyejin exchanged a look with Johnny before carrying her hand to her arm, "Soyeon?"

"DON'T."

"Ok, ok." Hyejin immediately stopped and raised her hands in the air in surrender.

"Ms. Lee? Are you ok?" Johnny took the lead and bended forward to see her face she was hiding by looking down at her feet.

"It's her fault if he left me." She whispered, her being the only person hearing her words. All of a sudden, Soyeon popped her head up, looking up again into Hyejin's eyes. "Are you happy now?"

Hyejin bit the inside of her cheeks and decided to walk away, not because she wanted to escape her but because she knew she'd follow her and it'd be the only way to step aside from the crowd.

"I'll see you later Johnny." She offered a soft smile and Johnny simply nodded, an apologetic look on his face.

"Ya where are you going?" Soyeon voiced out her disbelief, following Hyejin behind just like the latter expected.

Hyejin walked without looking back. She started making up sentences in her mind, ready to confront Soyeon. A couple minutes later, she was finally out of the Hospital. It was quite empty as the weather reflected perfectly the mood of Fall. Hyejin turned around on her heels and found Soyeon only a few steps away.

"Ok listen Soyeon, I am so sorry for what happened. Causing this was the last thing I wanted yet I can't control anything." She started.

"You're sorry?" Soyeon laughed ironically, "You're sorry to be with the love of my life? To have stolen him?"

Now Hyejin was the one taken aback. She genuinely thought that Soyeon was joking. In fact, Hyejin couldn't believe Soyeon just said that to her, someone who confessed several times her love to this man in front of her.

"Ok, well, I'm sorry if that's the case but we unfortunately share the same love for hi—"

"I was with him longer than you two were! How! Just how!" Soyeon exclaimed herself, her voice slightly breaking up.

As much as Hyejin wanted to say something, she also knew that she didn't have the answers. Her too, had another relationship when she left. He also counted, she also loved him but, for some reasons, it wasn't the same.

She would hear or read about the meaning of a first love in someone's life and every time it would say that a first-love takes something from you that is irreplaceable.

Indeed.

"I'm sorry Soyeon, I don't have any answers either. I wish I had. I can't control any of it—"

"I'm pregnant." Soyeon cut her off with a bang.

A heavy silence fell on the two girls, Hyejin falling speechless at the sudden news. It felt like her world was crumbling apart, again.

"W-what?" She stumbled on her word.

"I'm pregnant with Jungkook's baby. You had to come in and ruin everything and now I'll be a single mother just because of your selfishness." Soyeon started throwing everything at Hyejin, the latter keeping her mouth shut in shock.

"You should be ashamed of what you just did. You really should."

"I-I,"

"And of course no one would care about the little Soyeon when the most beautiful and smartest girl, poor Hyejin, is involved?" Soyeon scoffed.

While Soyeon kept on pouring all her anger on Hyejin, the latter shut herself up. Her eyes blankly stared at her old friend while her mind traveled miles away.

'Of course it was too perfect to be real.' Hyejin spoke to herself. 'I can't separate a family. I can't do that.'

She started asking herself questions. What to do, what to say, what to even think. She was lost until vibrations took her attention away.

Her hand went for her front pocket and pulled her phone. As expected, it was Jungkook. Hyejin's face remained blank, all traces of excitement when seeing his name was long gone.

"Can you at least respect me and listen to me?!" Soyeon snapped and at this point, Hyejin was getting tired.

"Will you shut up?" She responded before accepting the call and walked a few steps away from the now-speechless girl.

"FINALLY !" Jungkook's voice came out of this speaker upon seeing his girlfriend accepting his call.

"Jungkook.." She mumbled, trying to keep her cool as much as possible.

"Yes?" He replied with a hint of hesitation. Jungkook could feel something was off. "What is happening? Are you ok?"

Just hearing the question made Hyejin's emotions arisen. Her hold on her phone tightened as she couldn't find the words.

"I.."

"Talk to me.. Where are you? Are you at work?" He started panicking.

"Yes—"

"I'm coming, stay there."

•••

A/N: Someone is getting back to her regular schedule, posting every two days. 👀

Let me know what are your thoughts on today's chapter!

Love always,

PL. ♥️