Chapter 4 ― Second Family

Once your heart is moved, it will develop to something better and positive.

— Park Jimin.

⊱Chapter 4⊰

SECOND FAMILY

"Woah, you grew up so tall" Hyejin extended her right arm to its full-length while Jungkook frowned in amusement.

"I've always been taller than you"

"We all are, indeed" Jimin joined them in their conversation, placing his arm around the girl's shoulders. His facial expression showed pride and the others couldn't help but laugh.

"What?!"

"At least, there's someone in this world who's shorter than you" Jungkook snapped.

Hyejin gasped and turned her attention to Jimin who was already fuming with anger.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ?!"

"Alright~ Jinie! Let's go!" Namjoon quickly came to the girl rescue as she was about to be in the middle of a childish fight.

"Appa, are you staying with us?"

"No, I have a beautiful wife waiting for me at home." M. Kim winked at his son, only to earn a scoff from the later. Chuckling, he patted his back. "Enjoy yourself and take care of your sister"

"As always" Seokjin smiled.

At the sight of the leaving old man, the room turned chaotic again as all of their voices came on top of each other,

"BYE M. KIM !!"

"HAVE A GOOD ONE M. KIM!"

"ENJOY WITH MS. KIM!"

"SAY HI TO MS. KIM FOR US !"

"Have a good rest of your day, M. Kim"

"BYE DADDY!!"

"Right, oh and," M. Kim stopped midway, "You guys stop spending your money on useless things like that. Mercedes, BMW, etc. Do you really need fancy cars like those? Do you know that car accidents are the main cause—"

"Ok. BYE APPA" Seokjin gently pushed his father out of the way before closing the door behind him. "Alright! What should we do?!"

"I need a tour of this house right now!" She exclaimed and as if it was an order, they all nodded and proceeded.

All eight of them started walking around, going from the living room to the kitchen and all the way upstairs to the rooms.

"Uhm, you know you don't have to all be doing this tour with me?" Hyejin spoke out, scratching the back of her head as she felt embarrassed to bother them all. However, it wasn't the case.

"We aren't leaving your side just yet. We missed you a lot" Yoongi declared as they headed to the outside patio.

"Yeah." Namjoon added but, oddly, the atmosphere turned quiet. The two men turned around only to see the rest of the group staring right at Yoongi with weird expressions on their faces.

"Did Yoongi hyung just got soft?" Taehyung questioned.

"Was it Yoongi ? No, that's too nice and sweet to be him." Jimin added, following his friend with shock.

"Impossible" Jungkook shook his head.

"Ya. Stop it kiddos. You know Yoongi has a soft spot for Hyejin. Indeed, that's only her and Chaeyoung." Hoseok rolled his eyes.

"And that's exactly why I don't have one for you fools." Yoongi continued with his typical unbothered tone.

"You guys are jealous" Hyejin slipped her tongue out before turning her attention to Yoongi who's face already turned into an annoyed one so quickly. "I missed you too, Yoongi oppa."

"Talking about Chaeyoung, didn't she come back with you ?" Jimin asked.

"Why? Do you wanna see your ex-girlfriend that much?" Taehyung commented.

"CAN WE SAY STUFF WITHOUT PEOPLE REACTING TO THEM ?!"

"Wow, he snaps. Let me remind you that you reacted at Yoongi too." Taehyung snapped his fingers in front of his best friend.

Hyejin let out a long sigh of disbelief watching the two men fighting like two kids.

She couldn't erase the smile on her face at the sight. She missed them a lot.

These men have always been intriguing and mysterious to many but only a few were able to witness their true selves. While others would think they are hot and responsible, they were actually big kids stuck in adults bodies.

The more she looked at them, the more she felt it. These boys are indeed her second family. The people she can rely on whenever she needs. And it felt good.

"She's coming back in a week, she had a few surgeries to do before coming back here and join Jin oppa's team."

"Oh, right, she chose Neurosurgery"

"Uh-hum" Hyejin nodded as she took a seat on the patio's couch followed by Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon.

Seokjin and Jungkook soon joined them with a bottle of wine and several glasses.

"What about you, Jinie?— Ya, why are you pouring wine for her?!" Yoongi stopped Jungkook in his track. The later blinked in confusion, staring straight into his friend's eyes with the other boys as surprised.

"Hyung, she's an adult. She's not a kid anymore." Namjoon stepped in and Yoongi took a few seconds to process it before nodding,

"R-right. Right. I forgot. You may proceed."

Hyejin shook her head in amusement. It's not her first time drinking in front of him but she guessed it was just the fact that it's been a long time and he got stuck with the image of her being a cute child as a memory.

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she took hold of her glass, waiting for the others to be served. "I'll be an attending in the cardio thoracic surgery service at SGH (Seoul Grand Hospital)."

"Oh, so in Baekhyun's team."

"I guess. I haven't met anyone yet."

"Alright guys, let's make a toast." Jin's voice took over the place as he brought his glass to the center. Without an ounce of hesitation, the others followed his move and waited patiently. "To my little sister, who's back after staying years apart from her loved ones. But now she's back and won't ever go away because—"

"Hyung" Namjoon stepped in as Jin began mashing his words. 

"Oh. Sorry, got carried away. Words can't describe how happy I am to have you back here with us. Seven years is long. I can only wish you happiness and joy as a new chapter of your life has begun,"

Seokjin brought smiles to everyone's faces. He then turned to his sister with pure love and pride filling his stare, "I love you little me."

'Little me' she recalled mentally. After people would often say they were twins despite their five years difference, Jin naturally began calling her by this nickname. While it felt natural back then, it sounded extremely emotional today.

"I love you too, oppa" Her heart felt soft and warm by the sound of his words but she tried her best not to cry a tear in front of the boys.

"To Hyejinie!" He concluded with a bright smile.

"To Hyejinie!" They all cheered in unison, clasping their glasses together.