Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.

—Jeon Jungkook.

Chapter 53
REVELATION

•••

Hyejin stared at the clock hanging on the wall without taking a break. The more she waited and the worst it felt. Time seemed to have stopped when all she wanted was to see him come through those doors.

"Hyejin? What do you think?"

The girl pulled her mind back to reality and looked over her shoulder. "Hum? About what?"

Jin sighed and rested his chin on his palm, "I give up. You guys are right, she might not even pay attention on how we found about it anyway—"

Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell echoed in the coffee shop making Hyejin stand up almost instantly. All eyes moved to the main entrance when the couple entered.

"What's happening here? What is she doing here?!"

Jungkook frowned as soon as he stepped in, following Soyeon's direction as she pointed with her finger, "Hyejin? What's going in here?"

"I-"

"What do you guys want again? I thought it was to finally get accepted in the circle yet she's here?" Soyeon cut Hyejin off with a rant that only brought stares.

"Circle?"

"Did she think it was us welcoming her?" Taehyung whispered in Jimin's ear.

"No it wasn't the case, we-"

"At all." Yoongi added his precision to Jin's sentence.

"I was saying, we have something to tell you Jungkook. Come sit." Jin continued, gesturing his friend to come closer.

While the excluded girl began to whine, the young man simply followed the directions. For some reason, Jungkook felt like something was indeed important.

"Ok, I'll do it." Jimin exhaled, "She manipulated you. You won't be a father anytime soon. You're free from her."

Jungkook raised his eyebrow, "What do you mean? She's not pregnant? But we did a test."

"That's your idea again? Can't you just accept the fact that I'm pregnant?!" Soyeon scoffed, taking a step further towards Hyejin's position. While her main intention was to scare her, Hyejin didn't move an inch. Her eyes remained focused and determined.

"She is, Jungkook, but not with your baby." Jin declared for the group.

"Not my— wait, WHAT?!" The young man jumped off the stool with his eyes and mouth widening in shock. His attention immediately went to Soyeon who was already in loss for words, "WHAT THE FUCK ?!"