Chapter 31 ― Jealousy

A/n: Hi! Author here! Allow me to say a few words before you dive into the chapter.

I woke up to PATHS having 5,1k views and ranking 4th in the category #Fanfiction.. Out of nowhere! Even saying that outloud is insane to me; Like, I'm a small author surrounded by amazing ones with big successful books. I'm Jungshook.

Thank you to my amazing group of friends who never stopped believing in me (I'm sure you'll recognize yourself). Thank you to everybody who read the book, giving me your precious time is priceless to me.

Thank you, so so much.

I truly love and appreciate you all,
PL♥️.

• — ••• — •

"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."

—Napoleon Hill.

Chapter 31

JEALOUSY

• — ••• — •

After a couple of minor surgeries, Hyejin finally got herself some free time. She walked down the corridor and reached the attendings lounge, a feeling of excitement taking over her.

As she opened the door, her eyes went directly for the sofa, ignoring everything around.

She threw herself on the soft leather fabric and let out a long sign of satisfaction.

A deep laugh caught her off-guard making her jump on her seat. Hyejin turned around only to see Johnny looking right at her with his right brow lifted, an amused expression displayed on his face.

"Oh God, sorry. I didn't know you were here." She apologized bringing the guy to laugh.

"Of course you didn't, you went straight for the sofa as soon as you came in."

She rubbed the back of her head,"I waited for it the entire day."

Johnny smiled at her cuteness and soon enough, the two began talking about pretty much everything and anything.

It's now been weeks since Hyejin joined the team and out of all the medical staff, she found herself getting much closer to Johnny. Or at least it was different from the others.

In fact, everything is with them. They happen to have breaks at the same time, get paged for the same medical cases, have the same shift hours.. They're basically always around each other.

They ended talking for ten minutes and if it wasn't for their pagers, the conversation would have gone on.

"Ah my brother is paging me." Hyejin sighed in frustration. "I'll see you later I guess."

Johnny chuckled as Hyejin stood up. The latter turned around and frowned at him, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing. You just seem disappointed and it's kind of flattering."