Chapter 10 ― Free Time

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degeneration into obsession  friendship is never anything but sharing. 

— Ellie Weisel.

⊱Chapter 10⊰

FREE TIME

Jin oppa🍜: I'll be ready in maximum 10.

Hyejin: Alright, I'll be at the bench by the entrance.

Jin oppa🍜:  Noted!

Hyejin walked down the hallway and passed the sliding doors. The fresh air filled her nostrils and engulfed her lungs. Her hair swayed in the air as she directed herself to the bench on her left.

She leaned on her back and appreciated the sun shining on her face. It felt nice.

A couple of days has passed since she started working for Seoul Grand Hospital and it was now her day off.

A soft sigh of satisfaction escaped her lips as she threw her head back.

"Enjoying your free time?"

A voice caught her off guard. She opened her right eye and took a glimpse only to see Jungkook standing in front of her, his hands in his long black coat.

"Oh? Jungkook? What are you doing here?"

"Jin hyung asked me to come pick you guys up. Hobi hyung took his car." He explained and the girl just went back to her original position, closing her eyes again.

'Of course, he didn't bother to tell me.' She groaned in her head. "Alright. Just sit. He's coming in a bit."

Jungkook did as told and went to take a seat next to Hyejin. He placed his hands on his laps and awkwardly looked over his shoulder after a couple thoughts only to see Hyejin appreciating her peaceful moment.

Her eyes were closed, letting her long lashes rest on her cheekbones. The way the sun radiated on her skin, making it look glowy and smooth, pulled a string in his chest. Her long hair flew with the wind and carried her perfume all the way to his nose.

She still wore the same perfume she used to back in High School. This sweet and spicy fragrance brought memories to his mind.

Flashback.

"Babe?"

"Coming!" Hyejin shouted from her room while Jungkook waited by the entrance. He looked down at his watch and met his friend's eyes.

"Your sister really is something huh."

"You have no idea." Jin left out a breath, tapping on the youngster's shoulder for mental support, "Enjoy your date, I'll go make myself some popcorn."

"Also," He stopped at the kitchen's door frame, "You better take care of my sister Kook. I love you but I love her more."

"I will, hyung, I will."