Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings

In the midst of that difficulty, try to find that small happiness.

—Jeon Jungkook.

Chapter 44

FEELINGS

•••

"Kim. Hye. Jin."

Chaeyoung's voice interrupted the perfect silence Hyejin was in. The latter sighed quietly while keeping her eyes on the window.

"Are you done already? Will you stop be quiet?" She brought her hands to her hips only to get zero response, "Jinie, you are worrying me. Please.."

A couple of days has passed since the last time Hyejin exchanged a word. While Jin was still away doing God knows what, Chaeyoung remained worried, feeling helpless at the sight of her bestfriend's state. It was the first time she saw her like this : closed-up, speechless, depressed.

As expected, Hyejin stayed quiet only to nourish Chaeyoung's worries. The latter heaved out a deep sigh before going out of the room. It was getting to her now. The depression. The more she watched her bestfriend living this, the more it reflected on her. Her mood was down too.

Suddenly, her eyes caught two tall men walking towards her. A feeling of relief invaded her whole as her vision got clearer.

"Dear Lord, you're back!"

She cheered before pulling Jin into an abrupt hug. Pulling away, her eyes immediately went to the other man. A sudden facial expression took over her before she forced on a smile, "And you're here. Too." 

"Where is she?" Jungkook asked right away, not bothering to deal with Chaeyoung.

"Room 1. She's—" Jin stopped mid sentence as Jungkook walked pass him. "Ok."

Impatient to finally see Hyejin again, Jungkook made his way to the large glass wall. His eyes immediately fell on the serene-looking patient as the latter watched the scenery unfold before her.

Fall season; where everybody suddenly feel nostalgic while nature gets ready for Winter. It has this power to set up a mood that is favourable to thinking way too much. And Hyejin had completely fallen into it.

He gently slid the door opened and as expected, she didn't flinch one bit. Slowly, he walked to her bed while examining her from head to toe.

Her bruises have healed compared to the last time he saw her. The large blueish bruise that was on her left arm was now a dot. The cut on her lips was no longer there.

"H-Hey.." He spoke out reluctantly. He wasn't sure how she'd react to his presence. Maybe she was mad at him ? Maybe she blamed him ?

Hyejin's eyes widened as she immediately recognized the voice. She finally pulled her eyes away from the window and met Jungkook's. A soft breath escaped her mouth.

"You're here.." She whispered but he heard it, taking a step closer.

"I-I," Jungkook stumbled on his words as his eyes kept lingering her. He couldn't help but feel guilty again. He tried to make up a sentence yet he couldn't find the words.

While he struggled, a cold touch reached his fingers. Jungkook looked down at his hand only to see Hyejin's. Without even controlling it, he slid his hand in hers and let his warmth comfort her.