Chapter 13 ― Too Soon

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over. 

— Nicole Sobon.

⊱Chapter 13⊰

TOO SOON

I sat at my usual spot by the Hospital entrance and waited. It was a quite a chilly night and I'd be lying if I say that I didn't regret not bringing a coat.

As the cold breeze hit my skin, I started trembling. Goosebumps formed on top of my skin and I was mentally ranting, 'Telling people not to catch a cold and you forget your own coat. Damn Hyejin.'

Thankfully, Jungkook didn't take long and soon enough pulled up in front of my position.

I let out a sigh of relief and immediately stood up, directing myself to the black SUV.

"Thanks for coming Jungkook, you're my savior," I declared after taking the passenger seat, rubbing my arms with my hands.

"It's no big deal," He replied before his head turned to face me, lightly titling to the side, "Are you cold?"

"Kinda. I didn't bring a coat and now that the adrenaline dropped, I'm shivering." I chuckled awkwardly as my hand found its way to the back of my head, rubbing it slightly.

Without a word, Jungkook reached for the ventilation controls and turned the heater on. He then went ahead and grabbed something from the back seats.

"There" He handed me a small blanket, "I figured you'd be cold. I'm not a doctor but I know for a fact fatigue makes you cold."

"Sure" I chuckled at his words. As a physician, I had several facts to prove him wrong but this fatigue indeed prevented me to tall back.

"Thank you"

I placed the warm blanket over my upper body and hugged it tightly. My body temperature slowly raised back to its normal state, calming my trembles down.

Jungkook nodded before continuing, "Is Jin hyung coming?"

I shook my head, "He's in surgery"

"Alright" was his only response before he took it as his cue to leave.

A couple of minutes later, we reached the high way. The drive was quiet and a bit awkward.

Now that I was sitting next to him, just the two of us, I realized how wrong of a situation it was. I really asked my ex-boyfriend to come and pick me up. I was too tired to think of it in the first place but now, I felt embarrassed.

There's nothing happening between the two of us anymore but I can understand how people could take it wrongly. Especially his girlfriend.

In fact, if my boyfriend do his ex such favours like this at 1 in the morning, I'd be mad of jealousy and anger.

Talking about girlfriends, curiosity started to build up in my mind. I began to ask myself several questions and I guess he felt it.