Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal

Life isn't about being perfect; it's about accomplishing your dreams.

—Jeon Jungkook.

Chapter 46

BACK TO NORMAL

•••

A couple week has passed since Hyejin gained consciousness and, after going through several therapy sessions, she was finally cleared to start work again. In other words, she was finally back to normal.

As soon as she got the green light from her doctor, Hyejin decided that the day after would be her return to work. Resting was nice, however, it had reached the point of driving her crazy; especially with her closed ones being overly protective.

Hyejin pulled up in front of the Hospital and made her way inside with brightest smile. She directed herself to the chief of surgery's office and waited by the door.

"Look at who's back to my office."

Turning around on her heels, Hyejin got a glimpse at her boss as he walked towards her position with a smile on his face. Despite his intimidating aura that radiated around him, Suho was actually very nice and understanding.

"How are you feeling?" He asked before pulling her into a quick hug.

"Very good, how about you?" She replied, following him into his office.

"I'm not the one who went through a lot. You want to come back, right?" He looked at her and by the look on her face, he had the answer to his question. With an amused smile, he sat on his chair and took out a large file. "Ok, let's go through the papers then."

As expected, Hyejin had to prove to Suho that she was ready to work again. Unlike a few other jobs, this one required the person's full abilities and no hint of weakness in all sorts of form is permitted.

"I know you're physically apt to work so you don't need to take out those papers. Plus, you were in our hospital." He started organizing all the papers in front of him, "What I want to make sure is that you're ready mentally."

"I am." She stated.

"If you see a patient victim of violence, will you be able to handle it?" He asked, taking her aback a little.

Hyejin gulped down the thought and nodded, "I can—"

Suddenly, a ringtone echoed in the room, interrupting their conversation abruptly. Recognizing her ringtone, Hyejin immediately declined the call and put her phone on silent.

"I'm sorry." She rubbed the back of her neck while Suho shook his head in disbelief.

The two doctors quickly went back to business as they continued their conversation. The more they went into it, the more she felt her phone vibrating against herself.

As Suho was now filling up a few paperworks, Hyejin took this time to check on her phone. She gasped at the notifications before her fingers started typing at an incredible pace.