Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours

You're the leader of your own life.

—Jung Hoseok.

Chapter 35

HOURS ON HOURS

•••

"Ms. Oh Luna's family?"

"Come Leo," An old woman accompanied with a young kid walked towards the doctor with faces full of hope. 

"Yes Doctors?"

"Is my mommy fixed?" The kid followed his grandmother's question bringing the sibling to chuckle.

"Your daughter's surgery went perfectly well. We successfully removed the tumor and you'll be able to see her in a few minutes." Hyejin responded.

While the grandmother let out a gasp of relief, the little boy had confusion written all over his face. Jin looked down at him before bending on his knee,

"What this doctor's trying to say is that we fixed your mom."

"You did ?!" Excitement took over him and he started jumping around while pulling on his grandmother's sleeve, "They fixed mommy!"

The three adults laughed at his cuteness.

"Thank you Doctors. We really are grateful." The elder declared.

Seokjin and Hyejin nodded their head with warm smiles on their faces before leaving the family, satisfied and happy.

"So, are you coming at Taehyung's tonight?" The older brother started.

"What for ?"

"JK's birthday party."

Hyejin groaned under her breath at the thought. She started picturing how the party would go if she attended it.

Her, face-to-face with Jungkook again. Chaeyoung seeing Soyeon for the first time in seven years. Them, drinking to calm themselves down which will lead them to: them, talking non-sense in front of possibly Soyeon or Jungkook or all of them.

"Um, no, I'm not."

"Why ? It's a member of the family, you can't miss his birthday."

"Jin," Hyejin stopped in her track and looked up at her brother, "I've missed his birthday seven years in a row. An eighth one won't kill."

Jin rolled his eyes until his attention got taken away, "Oh JK."

"Oh hyung"

Hyejin followed her brother's gaze only to meet Jungkook's eyes. The atmosphere quickly turned awkward as the memory of their last encounter flashed back.

She cleared her throat and nodded her head as a greeting.

"What are you doing here?" Jin asked.

"Soyeon is discharged tomorrow morning, we're just waiting for the last check-up. I'm helping her getting her stuff ready."

"Ah, I can do it if you want." Jin followed Jungkook's explanation with a tap on the shoulder before leaving the two ex behind.