Chapter 23 ― Mentor

Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.

— Dalai Lama.

Chapter 23

MENTOR

•••

"Soyeon?"

Hyejin called out the girl's name in return.

Soyeon's eyes were glued on Hyejin. They were like daggers that wanted to transpierce the girl's skin. She was mad.

Soyeon walked down to the girls, her hands into fists on both sides of her body.

"Stay away from Jungkook."

"Well, hello to you too Soyeon" Chaeyoung greeted with sarcasm.

"What do you mean Soyeon?" Hyejin finally spoke.

"You know exactly what I mean!"

Her voice rose up and resonated through the hallway, gaining a few people's attention. While Soyeon could care less, it wasn't the case for Chaeyoung and Hyejin.

The two doctors looked around them and gave out apologetic expressions to the passers-by.

Just like Chaeyoung, Hyejin found her nerves getting slightly triggered. She hated bringing attention to herself like this.

She took in a deep breath, "Do you wanna talk about it outside?"

"No. I'll tell you this once. Keep your distance with my man." Soyeon gritted her teeth as she took a step forward.

"Oh you mean your ex-bestfriend's ex?" Chaeyoung added, "Totally makes sense."

"Listen, Soyeon," Now it was Hyejin's turn to speak. "I don't care about your beloved man. Don't ever come to my workplace to make a scene like this."

Her words were sharp, making Soyeon remember who she was standing in front of. Hyejin's eyes showed nothing but disgust. It made Soyeon feel inferior.

Hyejin's always been the kind to stand up for her close ones. In fact, when it came to arguments, she was the best. She hated when people tackled others for meaningless things, especially when they took advantage of their weaknesses.

She'd always take her friends' sides. She'd talk for them and go for the fights to protect them.

However, when it came to her own case, Hyejin wasn't the same.

Soyeon knew Jungkook's always been Hyejin's weakness and she took advantage of it. Or at least that's what she thought. It was no longer that way.

"Then stop flirting with Jungkook while I'm not there!" She tried.

"Then be there."

"Dr. Kim?" A nurse joined the group with an iPad in his arms, "Dr. Suh And Dr. Byun needs your opinion on something."

"I'm coming Leo," She nodded towards her colleague and went back to Soyeon. With an unbothered expression on her face, she spoke again, "If you don't mind, I have more important things to do. Have a good one."

Hyejin didn't wait for an answer and turned on her heels, "Are you coming, Chae?"

"Oh dear Lord, of course." Her bestfriend responded without even giving Soyeon a hint of attention.