Chapter 33 ― Prediction

If you wanna love others, you should love yourself first.

—Kim Namjoon.

Chapter 33

PREDICTION

•••

"Everything. Let's not exist for one another anymore."

I could reconstruct his face perfectly in my head. Every feature. Every trace of it. The surprise, the sadness, the deception.. All of it.

An ocean of thoughts flowed in my mind.

This was exactly what I wanted to avoid.

All the feelings.

It's making me think. A lot. It's distracting me. It's keeping me back.

His eyes. The way they looked down at me with so much disappointment. Was it because he wanted more ? Was it because he simply wanted to talk ? Was it because he was just simply disappointed in me or who I have become?

His voice. The way it called my name with the softest and saddest tone when I walked away. Was it out of courtesy? Was it.. It sounded demanding.

But I couldn't stay there. I felt trapped; trapped in my own vicious circle. The one that got created ever since this Jeon Jungkook entered my life.

I've spent three years in a relationship with him. Years full of rollercoaster rides; happiness, sadness, anger.. you name it. We've been through it all.

Then, I've spent seven years away from him. The first two shouldn't even count as I saw him here and there. But as the time passed by, the next five years were.. liberating.

I was free.

I had no worries.

No worries about what he was doing back in Korea. If he was doing fine, if he was thinking of me, if he was happy.. without me.

I pulled my eyes away from the glass of wine in my hands and stared at the beautiful scenery before me. A heavy sigh escaped my mouth as I leaned against the wall.

The sunset.

This bright shining star enlightening our lives going to rest and letting place to the moon. This one thing that's here to remind us that there's still a light in darkness.

"Jinie?"

"Are you home?"

Jin's voice resonated in the empty house before the sound of his keys took over.

I cleared my throat and spoke out, "On the balcony!"

I heard my brother's steps getting closer and closer to my position until his little face peeked out of the door.