Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred

It is sometimes better to just let it go.

—Park Jimin.

Chapter 49

HATRED

•••

Hyejin directed herself to the inside of the Hospital without even taking a look back. Her steps were strong and straightforward as if it was the first and only thing she wanted to do, walk away.

"Jinie, hey, wait for me."

Chaeyoung finally calmed down upon seeing her bestfriend's despair. She followed her until they reached a calmer place, one where no one could hear them. The secret balcony at the back of the Hospital.

Hyejin turned around and the look on her face brought memories to Chaeyoung's mind. It was just like in High School. Her eyes were burning red, her bottom lip was sucked in. She was holding everything in very hard.

"Jinie.." Chaeyoung whispered but the other girl wasn't receptive.

"What was that ?! I just wanted you to be calm there and support me. You weren't helping at all, screaming and shit. Why?!" She bursted out.

Chaeyoung was taken aback for a second before it hit her. She only thought about herself earlier and didn't even consider her bestfriend's feelings.

She's so fed up of seeing bad things happening to Hyejin, bad people playing with her. She was tired of it and she needed to voice it out.

It was her way to protect her bestfriend. However, she completely forgot how Hyejin hated such reactions, especially in a public area.

"I'm sorry." She declared with a sigh, "I'm so tired of these things happening to you every time you find happiness and—"

"You know I hate it! I'm tired of that too! But do I scream in front of my workplace where potential patients or coworkers can see me?!"

"No, you're right. I shouldn't have." She gestured her to calm down with both hands, "I just—"

Hyejin shoved her hands away when they were about to touch her, "I'm fucking tired of all this ! I'M TRYING MY BEST TO AVOID THOSE KIND OF THINGS !"

A heavy silence engulfed the two of them after Hyejin's words echoed. Chaeyoung didn't know what to say. She didn't blame her bestfriend for the way she reacted, she knew she needed to pour it all out.

Without saying a word, she lifted her hand upfront and waited.

Hyejin, who was now tired mentally, stared at her hand for a few seconds before meeting Chaeyoung's eyes again.  Instantly, a wave of guilt submerged her and she quickly placed her hand in hers.

"I'm sorry.." She mumbled under her breath.

"No, don't apologize." Chaeyoung shook her head and held both of her hands tightly, "Keep going. Spill it all out. You need it."

"I'm just- Why can't it be just normal for once? Didn't we go through a lot already?" Hyejin asked, "We lived apart, for years, yet it still won't work? Should I just end it now? Should I just walk away?"

"I know you love him so let's wait for the outcome." Chaeyoung suggested only to earn a surprised look from her friend. "I know, it's odd coming from me but I have a feeling about this."