Prologue

When the West and the East had decided to split their peoples thousands of years ago, it was not because of cultural traditions or beliefs.

But how humans dealt with non-humans and humanoid creatures.

From the Dwarves in the mountains, Elves in forests, to Orcs in any habitable area.

The West traded with these peoples for their exotic goods that humans could not replicate. They let them keep their kingdoms and dwellings in exchange for peace and mutual protection. Some people even intermarried, though extremely rare.

The East on the other hand scoffed at the barbaric ways of the Western people. How they could trade and interact with creatures of such filth. Allowing themselves to live among it.

To appease these differences in thinking, the East took one third of the available continent and pushed these vile creatures westward. While the rest of the land was given to the Western peoples.

The whole continent could not be used as the northern and westernmost parts were inhabitable for unknown reasons. As no one has survived to bring back information about these regions. Opting to call this uncharted territory the Northern and Western Hellscapes respectively.

The Peaks of the Forsaken created a natural border from the Northern Hellscape. While the Forbidden Notch was in the West, the only passageway into the Hellscapes.

With only the habitable and known territory called The Lands.

Soon the period of The Four Kingdoms in the East ended a thousand years ago.

The southernmost kingdom, Bhuaytta, broke up into Mafúlin and Telai next to the Southern Ocean.

Chaiqing into the kingdom of Saha on the Pearl Coast with Xiquin, Khanli, and Attayuan in the inner plains and swamps.

Minsong into the Mang, Hu, Ha'Ling, and Chizhai kingdoms.

Then Sailin near the Peaks of the Forsaken breaking up into the Som and Huaza kingdoms.

The two sides continued to do trading with each other with minimal disputes. As the West turned more religious with many pagan beliefs, the East remained more secular and adhered to more self fulfilling ideas.

Western gods and goddesses were considered divine beings that created the world and interacted with humans in different forms.

Eastern gods and goddesses that created the world would choose people who displayed impressive abilities and devotion to transcend them from mortality to immortality. Calling them Immortals.

The same concept applied to the differences between Western and Eastern devils.

A hundred years ago, a mysterious disease, called the Great Plague broke out in the Western empire in the north called Viätälaktálän Läplándijävä. It spread rapidly and was starting to endanger the nearby empires and kingdoms from both sides.

The East panicked over this novel disease and quickly created the Council of the Thirteen Herons.

It was a way to gather the clan leaders of the thirteen Eastern kingdoms. The meeting for the Council was set within the grand palace in Huaza as it was the most prosperous of the kingdoms.

After days of distressed debate, Jin Sî, the leader of the Sî clan in the Hu Kingdom, proposed an idea called the Grand Wall of the East. It was a way to physically block off and protect the East from the West.

Jin also proposed the idea of a League called the Three Guardians that will protect and patrol the entirety of the wall. The Three Guardians were going to consist of personnel from the Hu, Ha'Ling, and Chizhai kingdoms.