XXXVII. Revered Renegade-Part IV.

Arkshan put a stone bowl that he had carved out with his fist on top of the campfire.

He poured water into it and stood up to stretch. Jun had been out hunting for a little longer than he liked, which irritated him further.

Suddenly he heard as birds were squawking from the trees off in the distance.

Arkshan looked down at the forest to try and figure out what was happening.

He saw as a huge blue bolt of lightning came down from the sky, thunder resounding throughout the mountains just seconds afterwards.

I told him to hunt. Not fucking roast the damn thing!

Arkshan grabbed his swords and holstered them at his sides. He made his way angrily into the forest with steam trailing behind him.

The sounds of lightning striking continued to be heard as he followed the trail where Jun went.

He was able to track his scent from the campsite to a nearby clearing. The scent of lilies and roses was pleasant to Arkshan's senses.

Soon the scent became a mixture of that and charred meat.

"What the—" Arkshan stopped shouting as he saw the mutilated and charred bodies of three lesser drakes.

All three were the exact same type that he had fought last night.

Their guts and scales were scattered all about in the clearing. Along with the entire area drenched in blood.

"Hey." He heard Jun say in an unenthusiastic tone while he entered the clearing.

Arkshan looked to see Jun standing near a pile of deer.

He was completely unscathed and clear of blood.

Arkshan stared at Jun with a blank expression as he tried to process the scene before him.

This boy isn't as weak as I thought...

Though Arkshan still didn't consider Jun someone who could rival him.

And by a long shot.

"I didn't ask for you to eradicate the whole forest," Arkshan stated sarcastically, looking down at the corpses of five deer.

"Impressed?" Jun said with pride while he put his bow on his back.

"No."

Arkshan swung two of the deer over his shoulder and made his way back to camp.

He heard as little footsteps ran up to follow next to him, causing him to sigh in annoyance.

————

Jun squatted next to the campfire as he watched Arkshan expertly skin and slice the deers' corpses.

He felt like he had impressed Arkshan back there in the clearing from the look on his face. Even though Arkshan showed no emotion when he saw the corpse littered clearing, Jun felt deep down that he was impressed.

Even if he didn't show it.

Arkshan's cooking skills continued to surprise Jun. He used one of his long swords to cut up the deer into medium sized chunks.

Jun never heard of using your weapons for cooking, he believed that it was actually forbidden, but he didn't bother to point that out.

Noodles that Arkshan had bought back in Perenykisk were already boiled and set aside on a nearby rock. Along with a few of the Lion's Eye eggs and bundles of foraged herbs.