XLIX. Avarice Patriarch-Part III.

The two crows cocked their heads to the side as they eyed Arkshan and Jun.

Their pole arm blades felt cold as ice as it dug into Jun's neck. He saw that the two crows wore traditional Eastern armor and simple wooden sandals. Great black feathered wings stuck out from their backs.

Karensu.

Karensu, like all the other demons they have encountered thus far, resided in the high mountains near Mount Xiasen. They often tried to trick travelers who passed through it to their deaths. Though Jun had never heard of them being guards or soldiers, as they were often created by the spirits of arrogant people.

Much like the one he was with...

Arkshan immediately broke the handle of one of the Karensu's pole arms. Jun ducked his head underneath the blade at his neck.

He watched as it jabbed forward with great force, feeling the wind created by it past his face.

Any later and he would've been dead.

Before Jun could take his bow off his back the half-dragon unsheathed his swords and decapitated the two Karensus. He moved out of the way and watched as their bodies fell to the ground with a thud.

Jun averted his eyes from their decapitated heads.

The chatter and clamoring of many demons slowly began to get louder. Jun swallowed as his mouth started to get dry. It sounded like a lot more than when they first entered this subterranean death trap.

Jun saw Arkshan start to swiftly walk down the trail, shaking him out of his thoughts as he jogged to catch up.

The pathway was a mixture of worn stone bricks and rock so fine it acted like dirt. Houses were carved into the sides.

Death emanated from them as dried blood littered their fronts with torn down doors, showing eaten and rotten corpses. The sounds of flies faint underneath those of the demons who were invisible.

He was completely unsettled by the corpses of dwarves that consisted of all walks of life.

It was an utter massacre.

Jun felt his heart skip a beat as he saw fire all around him. The stars were dim in the night sky, barely lighting up the forest around him.

Distant creams caused him to look for the source. Though he was then greeted by bodies that laid on the ground. Freshly killed as red blood and the sickly sweet smell of death filled his nose.

Children laid among the adults and elders. All dead with their clothes torn. Clothes that were from Kaomi.

He stumbled backwards onto the abnormally hard ground, his own robes getting dirtied and long hair wild. His ears rung as a distant voice yelled out to him.

"Ya!"

Jun's face stayed glued to the bodies in front of him. Completely frozen in his position. Not able to move a single muscle.

Strong hands gripped onto his shoulders before he was smacked hard across the face.

"Are you deaf?!" Jun heard Arkshan yell as he held his face. Tears watered at the edges of his eyes as he felt the sting still prominent on his cheek.

He slowly looked around and realized they were in a cavern. No fires nor trees.

Jun did his best to stifle the tears and got up from the ground.

"Where...where are we?" Jun asked as he felt disoriented from what had happened. Arkshan raised an eyebrow as he studied his face.

"What? Eastern demon hit you in the head?" It slowly came back to Jun as he realized that they were in the Dwarves' mine or kingdom, or whatever it was.