XXV. Harbinger-Part VIII.

Jun felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up as he looked around the empty clearing.

The woman wasn't near him anymore making him worry even further.

As now he was all alone.

All of a sudden a dull, irony-copper smell wafted past his nose which caused him to cringe in disgust.

He put his sweater's sleeve over his nose while he looked around the clearing. The smell became stronger as he reached the edge of the clearing towards the forest. Eventually the ordor started to have a sickly-sweet scent to it.

Jun felt like he was going to retch right there on the spot. He looked into the dark forest. Something seemed to be hanging from the trees.

Or rather someone.

He jumped back as he screamed at the sight he saw.

A skeleton, some bones missing and black rotting flesh attached to it was hanging from a nearby tree. Its branches seemed to have penetrated it through its ribs. The skeleton looked as if it had a blanket of rotten flesh over it.

Other bones and skeletons were littered throughout the trees as far as Jun could see within the forest. Blood stained the green and yellow leaves a dark, rust color as the buzzing of insects could be heard faintly.

A large drop of dark red fell next to Jun which made him flinch. He backed up slowly as he realized that blood was still dripping from the bodies. Mimicking a light rain if it would've went through the forest.

A light shower of blood with a sickly sweet smell.

The ground began to start shaking as an earthquake happened. Jun managed to catch himself on one of the nearby trees. His hand felt sticky on the tree as he realized old blood was smeared along the tree's truck. He got nauseous as he swallowed the acid in his mouth.

Jun decided to look away from the forest of the dead and looked back into the clearing. A shriek wanted to escape his mouth, but all he did was stand frozen at the sight before him.

A distorted, eerie, and guttural churring was heard as the grotesque creature opened it's gapping beak-like mouth.

The top of it's mouth spit into two with rows upon rows of sharp, bloody teeth that could be seen within.

Two large, orb-like eyes were situated above the huge mouth while two horns were on either side of its head. The horns actually looked like a bird's wings, covered in light grey feathers with large black feathers situated on top.

Two long, white tentacle-like strands waved about from the very top of the creature's head.

Jun felt his head hurt as if he was going to pass out as he saw how tall its body was.

It stood just below the tree line with bird-like legs as it got onto all fours. A large feathered tail stood up from its lower back.

But the most disgusting and disturbing part of the sight was the main part of the creature's body. It looked like a woman's body with its flesh stretched out into layers that jutted out like bones.

Blood seeped out of its exposed neck tendons.

The creature seemed to have no back for which all of its organs were exposed and could be seen seeping even more blood. Distorted large claws were at the ends of its hands with large feathers protruding out of its arms.

The creature screeched loudly a second time as it jumped into the air and caused the world to shake again.

Jun stopped being frozen in his place as he started to make a mad dash back out towards the main road.