XLVII. Avarice Patriarch-Part I.

He was surprised to see men with long hair and equally long beards holding axes and swords.

Women were in the far back of the building, holding children and babies that were all wrapped in furs and armors. The people had varying hair colors from light blonde to fiery red alongside skin of light shades.

All looking fearfully at the both of them.

Jun had never met so many people that were much shorter than him as he was slightly below average for height from where he was from.

Arkshan ignored the various blades pointed at him and ducked underneath the doorframe to enter. Jun followed suit and closed the door behind him, somewhat happy to be back in a gloriously warm place.

"Stay away Harbinger! We don't want anymore trouble from ye outsiders!" A man yelled out as he pointed an axe blade at Arkshan's chest.

The half-dragon just hissed and broke the handle in half.

"Who leads you pygmies?" Arkshan sighed, paying no more attention to the smaller people while he fixed his hair.

"I do ya fuckin' half!"

Jun looked down to see a man with red hair come out from the small crowd of men.

He reached to just about Jun's shoulders. Intricate braids littered his hair along with ornate armor and furs on his body. Piercing green eyes looked up at Arkshan's glowing amber ones.

"Sounding so high and mighty, ironic for pygmies exercising tax evasion." Arkshan retorted back, anger boiling just beneath his tone.

Jun started to get nervous at the rising tensions in the room. He looked around and noticed that the furniture and decor in the place made it look like some type of grand hall.

Rows of stone tables went through the large place with matching stone chairs. A gigantic fireplace roared with strong flames in the far back of the hall. Metal chandeliers huge from the rocky ceiling to light up the place even more.

Heads of various foreign and exotic animals hung on the walls alongside huge and embellished weapons. From massive war hammers to the tiny knife.

What awed Jun wasn't the decorations on the walls but the sheer detail of the carvings on the stone. The pillars that had strange symbols to the tables and chairs with intricate details.

It all looked inhuman.

"Are ya here t'steal our riches?!" The red haired man, who was apparently their leader, inquired as he put his long sword at Arkshan's throat.

"The humans are doing a fine job of that already."

The half-dragon was as adept at fighting with words as he was with blades. Jabbing into his opponents effortlessly.

The stout man grumbled as he removed the blade from his throat and sheathed it. Everyone else also sheathed their weapons and went back to the tables.

"What do ya want Harbinger?"

"Heard you had a demon problem." A sigh came from the redhead, crossing his arms.

"I hate having to say this, but, yer who we need." He went and sat at one of the tables, gesturing for Arkshan and Jun to do the same.

Steam huffed out of Arkshan's nose as the chairs were pretty small. Having to sit far away from the table.

Before Jun could sit down, the man spoke again.

"Steal a poor damsel on yer way?"

"No concern of mine." Was Arkshan's only curt response.

Jun only sighed and took off his fur hat. The man looked Jun up and down confused before looking back at the half-dragon. Muttering something before speaking back in Common.