XXIV. Harbinger-Part VII.

"Where do you think you're going now?"

Arkshan asked in exasperation as he watched Jun walking away from him down the road.

"Away from you." Jun explained curtly as he didn't bother to look back and continued on his way.

Arkshan sighed deeply as he stopped walking and crossed his arms. He has had enough of  dealing with Jun's immature foolhardiness.

The zodiz was alsomore likely to come now since Jun was quite a ways up the road.

Alone.

He leaned on a nearby wooden fence post and rummaged around in his pocket for the small sewing kit. He soon found the small, metal box and opened it.

Inside of the sewing kit he saw that it contained a few needles of various sizes. Along with small samples of thread and small pieces of cloth.

He was completely certain that he was safe from the zodiz because he had the vial of oil in his other pocket.

The oil he had bought is a certain mix of plants that are strong against the zodiz demon. It was made into an oil so that it could be applied easily to swords.

Applying oils on the sword acted like magic and could actually harm the demon it was intended for. Silver weapons and other forms of magic also worked on demons, at least Yimpanian demons.

Arkshan wasn't quite certain if oils and silver worked on demons from other cultures as he was usually working throughout the central area of the Yimpan Empire and parts of the United Western Kingdoms.

But he would never admit that he wasn't quite certain.

A small folded piece of paper inside the sewing kit suddenly caught his eye. He grabbed and unfolded the piece of paper to read what it said.

It had instructions that were written in both Yimpanian and in Common. Arkshan knew Yimpanian, but only the basics that he had picked up throughout his travels. As he considered it beneath him to try and learn an inferior language which was that of humans.

The only languages Arkshan was fluent in was Syónyeon, Common, and Draconic.

He knew Draconic because of his mother who he was raised by briefly. Arkshan didn't know who his father was up until he turned nineteen.

His father was a human from the nearby village of Yonsuwon as the dragons of Syóyeong often lived in small communities. At least the Northern ones near Yongwaddisu[1] Arkshan guessed.

But he was only able to live with his mother secretly for three years before the other dragons found out about him.

Arkshan had gotten his name from his mother in hopes that he looked like a dragon, which most people did who had draconic blood.

That was why he had no last name as dragons had no family names.

Unfortunately he somehow turned out looking more human, which he absolutely hated.

He had wanted to fight the dragons alongside his mother but she forcibly kicked him away and towards the nearby village of Yonsuwon.

There in the village Arkshan was found by three sisters who took him in under their wings. The three sisters ran an inn where they cooked for and housed travelers and merchants that came into the small village.

They taught him how to cook the various foods on the menu to help them out. Along with also teaching him Syónyeon and Common.

Apparently though, no one in the village knew how or when the three sisters came into the village.