XXVIII. Shanghaied-Part II.

The city looked quite different in the daylight compared to the nighttime.

Maybe because Jun could see everything better or because the streets were packed to the brim with people. Arkshan decided to check out of the inn which made Jun guess that he was leaving the city, thankfully.

Though everyone among the crowds of people were side by side and jostling among each other, there seemed to be some type of shield around Arkshan and him.

As people seemed to avoid being near Arkshan which left room to breathe and walk comfortably.

Jun guessed it was because people were utterly terrified of the half-dragon and as much as Jun didn't like that thought, he was glad for it in this moment.

Arkshan looked so different in the sunlight compared to the nighttime, or in the lantern light. His grey scales shimmered softly in the sunlight as he walked with long strides down the street.

Jun felt self-conscious about how he looked as his bow wasn't covered with the symbols and expensiveness of the bow all out in display. As he looked into the crowd to see faces not even staring at him, but in the direction they wanted to go.

Though that still didn't quench his paranoia as he nervously messed with the bowstring across his chest. His breathing becoming short, quick breaths.

"Harbinger!" A male voice was heard calling out from the sea of people, causing the two of them to stop.

Jun saw as a man jostled and pushed his way out of the crowd and towards Arkshan. He noticed that Arkshan's tail was swaying dangerously side to side, being stopped in the middle of what he was doing must've angered him.

"I heard that you're a whoremonger, is it—?" Jun watched as Arkshan flickered his tongue and stooped down to look at the man.

"The hell I'm not..." Arkshan growled in a low voice, roughly grabbing the collar of the man's tunic. The man looked fearfully at Jun then back at Arkshan.

"It is."

A huff of steam blew into the man's face causing him to scream and writhe in agony. The man covered his burned face with his hands.

Arkshan threw the man back into the crowd and continued on his way with long strides. His simmering rage could be felt by Jun as if it radiated off of him like an aura.

Eventually after minutes of walking through the crowded streets Arkshan stopped in front of a different looking building.

This building was built similarly to all the other structures in the city he had seen thus far, but had odd aspects. As a large painted, wooden sign sat above the door and read in Common, "The League".

It sounded like some sort of guild or some type of association.

The building also went up multiple stories with jettying on each story. A large shed of wood was built off of the building along with some horses tied up in the back.

Jun followed behind Arkshan as he opened the door to the odd building. A huge cloud of steam blew into Jun while the door opened, causing him to cough a little. He did his best to wave the steam away as he entered through the doorway.

He had never been into a building as strange as this one.

It was unbelievably humid inside, like an indoor hot spring, along with the air being so thick that it felt almost tangible.

Jun looked over at Arkshan to see that he didn't seem to be fazed one bit by this change in temperature.

The humidity from the air was even condensing onto his half breastplate, creating small crowds of water droplets. Even then Arkshan kept his usual blank expression on as he walked towards some sort of wooden counter.