XVI. Duplicity-Part VI.

Jun waited for his eyes to adjust to the sudden bright light in the darkness.

The view slowly materialized from brightness to a metal lantern being held by someone. He immediately jumped back and looked at the tall man.

The man had golden brown hair that was swept back. A few strands of hair fell in his face. He had pale skin that was slightly flushed, especially on his cheekbones.

The man wore a fancy looking vest that was a dark navy color outlined with white trim. Along with some golden buttons alongside the middle seam.

His pants were the same color as his vest along with a white trim along the middle. The shirt underneath was a bright, pure white with long circular flounce sleeves.

A cape that was elaborately decorated blew lazily in the wind as it was draped upon his shoulders. His look was finished by a wavy white cravat was tied around his neck along with a large black opal in its center.

But what made Jun jump back in fear wasn't what the man was wearing. Nor him just wandering into him in the middle of the barren night. It was because his ears were slightly pointed along with his eyes.

His eyes glowed a yellow color with a hint of red around the edges. They didn't look normal.

They instead looked like a wolf's.

If Jun didn't feel uncomfortable in the dark night alone, now he did.

"Ah, do not be afraid. I am just one of carriage drivers in Vosorod," the man said in a slight accent, but with an air of the aristocracy or nobility. As his vowels were somewhat stretched.

Jun furrowed his brow in utter bewilderment while he heard this man speak.

"Uhh...from what I heard you people don't drive at night anymore..." Jun stated with uncertainty as he slowly backed away from the man. But the man walked towards him anyways.

"Well that is most drivers. I am one of few who still operate at night."

Jun stopped as he looked behind the man, putting his hands on his hips.

"Then um, where is it?" He then pointed behind the man. "Cause I don't think it's invisible." The man did a soft chuckle at Jun's words.

"Of course it is not. It is just by main road." He then extended his hand towards Jun. "Come. I will take you to it."

As much as he wanted to not want to deal with another encounter with someone. Especially here in the West. Jun wanted to get to Perenykisk as soon as possible since he has gone through this much trouble to try and get there anyways.

"First of all, what is your name?" Jun asked suspiciously, eyeing the man's outstretched hand. The man retracted his hand and did a slight bow of his head with a glint of a smirk.

"Oh please excuse me, where are my manners?" He then put his free hand over his heart. "Ałexándú Dżęcoł"

Jun blinked a few times to try and process what in the heaven's name this man was called.

He opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again. Ałexándú chuckled with his hand covering his mouth at Jun's reaction.

"Just call me Alexandu."

Jun eventually regained his composure and took a deep breath through his nose. "Alexandu, sorry to sound rude, but, why in the good heavens are you out here?"

"I can answer all your questions while we walk," Ałexándú pressed as he grabbed Jun's hand. His hand was ice cold which Jun guessed to be because he's been out here for a while.