XIII. Duplicity-Part III.

It took Jun and Misaki another day of traveling down the waters of the Long River before they reached the inland port town of Vosorod.

Though as they traveled, they did pass through a few villages and towns on there way here. Jun and Misaki stopped at a few of these villages and towns to grab a few things for their journey.

Jun learned that the Yimpan Empire was actually split up into eight kingdoms so that it could be governed better.

The Long River passed through two kingdoms before they made it to Kordebławaznesco, or The Kingdom of the Blessèd Emperor of Heaven.

Apparently it was the shortened version of the kingdom's full name and Jun could see why. He wouldn't be able to remember it either way, or pronounce it for that matter.

But from their journey through the two kingdoms they were able to purchase some dried sausages.

Jun noticed that dried sausages along with a few types of grains seemed to be the main foods in the Yimpan Empire.

As when Misaki was going through what the merchants had in stock, he noticed how there seemed to be an endless variety of dried sausages. From chicken to rabbit to even yak. Various herbs were stuffed into each sausage which caused each one to have a different flavor.

Apparently, according to the merchants, each town and village has a different flavor because of the different herbs grown and the different combinations of meat and herbs.

As much as these dried sausages sounded, and were, foreign, their shape of being very long and thin weren't that different from a certain type of sausage in Huaza.

Jun and Misaki ate the dried sausages along with tea as they waited for their sampan's arrival in Vosorod's port. Jun didn't realize how fast the current of the river was until he came into the West.

The scenery of the forests and jungle of the East were pretty similar in how they looked, it didn't seem like much was changing.

Especially if you're traveling. But the Western landscape was a lot more different here in Vosorod, than near the Grand Wall of the East, as it was pretty empty.

Though Vosorod's terrain was extremely varied, just not with lots of tall tress everywhere.

There were many valleys and rolling hills that littered the terrain. Along with huge jagged mountains. Fields of foreign flowers could be seen along the hills with tall grasses on the flatter areas. There seemed to be huge forests of pine and fir trees that covered the mountains, even at their snowy peaks.

Large wild animals with lots of fur, which Jun identified were yaks, would graze along the shorter grasses of the foothills.

The more calmed tones of the new scenery made Jun feel more relaxed. Most of the plants were dark tones of green in the mountains while the lower fields were a light yellow green shade.

With various flowers giving muted colors of reds, blues, lavenders, and pinks. While the white flowers stood out to him in their bright fields.

But he could only enjoy these calming scenes before it changed once again. As their boat went down the river swiftly. Though Jun didn't like how fast the scenery changed, he was happy that the boat did go fast at times.

Especially when they went through the gorges in the mountains.

Being in those gorges made Jun feel extremely uncomfortable and anxious. Because it felt as though rocks or something would fall down from the tops.

Or that something big was going to emerge out of the gorge's tall stone walls.

It was nighttime when they entered Vosorod's port. Various lights could be seen coming from large boats, tall poles on the stone docks, and from the tall houses in the town. As they got closer to the docks Jun saw how strange the town looked.