XXXIX Revered Renegade-Part VI.

Jun followed Khayvla to behind the house in the early dawn, barely any light out.

The bright stars were hardly visible through the thick morning fog that hung high up in the sky. He lagged back a little to walk next to Arkshan.

The half-dragon didn't seem to be as irritated as he was yesterday. Just a blank expression plastered onto his face.

Should I ask him about last night?

Though Arkshan wasn't, or ever was, in the mood to deal with anyone, he seemed to not be in such a bitchy mood.

"Hey, um..."

No matter how long Jun has traveled with Arkshan thus far, he still couldn't stop himself from feeling intimidated by Arkshan's glowing eyes staring down at him.

Arkshan narrowed his eyes before speaking in an irritated voice, "Spit it out."

Jun broke eye contact as he shifted his focus to the ground.

"Uh, about last night..." a grunt could be heard from the half-dragon, "why..."

Jun didn't know how to really word the situation.

Having Arkshan curled around him was something that he thought would only ever happen in his imagination. Maybe it was all just a hallucination and he shouldn't bring attention to it.

"Just fucking say it!" Jun jumped at the sudden yelling at him.

"Please stop arguing." Khayvla said calmly as he stopped walking.

"Keep to yourself old man!" Arkshan sounded like he was going to wake the whole village at this point. The echoing of his voice could be heard in the distance. Ringing in the mountain ranges far away.

"Why were you curled around me?!" Jun said as quickly as possible. He slowly looked up to see Arkshan staring down at him blankly.

Not angry nor irritated. Like he was confused.

Before Jun could get Arkshan's attention, he was pushed towards Khayvla. He looked back to see Arkshan lean up against the house with crossed arms. Looking like he was deep in thought.

"Now, display your skills." Jun heard Khayvla say, causing him to turn back around. He didn't dare to ask why as he took off his bow from his back. As Khayvla probably wasn't going to answer.

Like his teacher he had all those years ago.

But it still didn't make any sense how he even knew Jun had any abilities at all. Perhaps it was a wild and lucky guess?

Jun put his fingers into position as he looked for a target. His eyes locked onto a small bush nearby. He pointed to it.

"Strike."

Thunder filled the air as the bush turned into charred branches. The blue lightning was gone as quick as it came.

He looked over to Khayvla who rested his hand behind his back and the other on the cane.

"You control lightning?" He sounded both calm and surprised at the same time. Jun slowly nodded his head. "I have never met someone who could. Let us see how you fare in a duel then."

Jun felt his heart start to race as he tried to prepare himself. The only thing Khayvla did was put both of his hands on his cane.

All of a sudden a piece of the ground came flying at him as Khayvla swiftly swung his cane.

Jun barely managed to roll out of the way of the dirt. His dodge was short lived as another swing of his cane caused another ball to be hurled in his direction.