XL. Revered Renegade-Part VII.

Jun was about ready to give up and storm off.

The evening had finally came and he barely got anywhere, like usual. He was tired and his legs hurt from standing the entire day.

"We will continue tomorrow."

He heard Khayvla state as he went inside.

Jun decided to not bother to go inside and just sit down on the side of the hill. Looking up at the stars and galaxy that always shown in the clear night skies.

The sky above and nature around him would help to ease his doubts, worries, and paranoia. It usually did.

Just like the temples and forests in Huaza. Alongside his family's lavish gardens.

His legs rejoiced when he sat down. Jun had been wondering how long he would be forced to stand to practice, and it seemed to have been the entire day.

I'm going to disappoint them both... Jun thought miserably as he recollected what he had done the entire day.

Nothing happened other than him just having empty hands. Though there was the occasional glow of the plasma in his hands, it didn't last long enough to make any sort of difference.

Jun tried his hardest to not cry as he thought about how, at this rate, he was most likely not going to lean control within the three days Arkshan had given him.

He slowly began to sob quietly, curling into a little ball.

He wanted to learn control. He worked his hardest and still no results whatsoever. The tears streamed down faster as he continued to let his thoughts continue.

It felt like his childhood was deciding it should return. His education was thrown off down a cliff, never to be seen again, while his training took the lead. The only lead.

As a noble he was expected to be highly educated and refined in all things high class. Something that peasants and the low class could only dream of touching.

Jun hated how he sounded like an absolute unsophisticated peasant when it came to things.

From the fork fiasco at breakfast. Differences between Shès in the northeast and southeast. Spirit Manipulation in general since no one can control lighting. What the Qin Sect and Sects were. Exorcising demons. The West.

And many, many others.

Jun was supposed to learn how to become head of his family, once his father bestowed the honor to him. But that was also disregarded. And by his own father.

All he knew like the back of his hand was dragons. Creatures that both fascinated and scared him at the same time. Something about them intrigued and drew Jun into them.

"Ya." A familiar voice shouted nearby.

Jun sniffled as he looked up at the glowing eyes staring down at him in the darkness. He couldn't answer because of the large lump that had made its home in his throat.

"Are you a damn child? Hell, even children don't whine and cry as much as you." Arkshan continued in an exasperated tone, sitting down near Jun.

"Wha-what do you c-care?" Jun asked as he looked out to the mountains in the distance. The black fog above them gave an ominous and foreboding feeling to them. Which didn't bode well with Jun.

"Aren't you supposed to do something with that crazy old man?"

"M-meditating?" Arkshan scoffed at his answer.

"So you're apart of those fucking religious zealots." Jun flinched at Arkshan's tone.

He didn't know what Arkshan had against religions, but he knew he wouldn't be one to explain. Easterners weren't very religious, more superstitious than anything. Though Jun didn't know if demons and gods were considered religious.