XLV. Bitterness-Part II.

"It's all your fault!"

His mother screamed in the far distance.

Jun ran through the dark forest, branches slapping and wind whipping his face. His long, black hair flowing in the cold night as he went through the endless trees.

"It's all your fault!"

The voice of his mother morphed into the voices of all the people he knew in his childhood.

Back in Huaza.

All dead now.

Suddenly Jun made it to an open mountain top. He huffed on his knees, desperately trying to catch his breath.

The entirety of Shiyong could be seen down below, surrounded by the mountains and forests. All the lanterns lighting it up to make it look like one giant festival. Huge buildings, houses, and multistory temples littered the city.

The biggest of the East.

The East's pride.

Jun squinted his eyes to see Kaomi in the far distance nestled in the jagged peaks. Weak lights shining out in the night.

Though the night was silent.

A somber silence.

No matter how happy it looked, it was dead and gloomy.

Quiet tears ran down Jun's flushed faced as he sobbed. His tears dampened the stone floor of the arena.

Soon small drops of blood started to drip from above. Jun looked up with the crack of lightning in the star filled sky.

He looked up to see a long sword above him.

Reflecting the light from Shiyong. Jun's tear stained face looking right back at him. Grinning ear to ear.

The swords struck through his chest as he cried out in pain. Jun fell to the now blood soaked arena floor.

Weakly grasping at the sword through his heart.

It was then removed from his chest.

His heart fell in front of him. Still beating slowly.

Jun looked over his back and saw the feet of many people. While his mother and father's robes were standing near him.

A loud roar of cheering and celebration broke out from the crowd of people. All pointing and laughing at him.

"He doesn't even deserve sympathy!"

The deep voice of a dragon boomed in the night, laughing.

———

Jun sat up panting.

His face burned from the tears that dried on his face. He put his head in his hands as a wave of nausea rushed through his body.

The room spun slightly as Jun's head started pounding like a huge drum was put behind both of his ears.

Beating to the rapid speed of his heart.

Acid jumped up his throat as he threw up beside the bed. He held his hair back as he emptied the contents of his is stomach. Jun wiped his mouth with a nearby rag and noticed that a bucket was by the bed.

Did I put this here?

Jun's head was pounding like it had never had before. Like someone was just hitting him repeatedly with a metal shovel. He had absolutely no memory of what had happened last night.

The smell of lilies and roses slowly drifted past his nose. It seemed like his hair was dowsed with the fragrance.

The fragrance that Arkshan usually wore.