XVIII. Harbinger-Part I.

Jun looked down at the beaten and unconscious bodies of the two men.

Then up at the entrance of the tavern.

Even through all the stuff Jun has been through and seen up until this point, he still wanted to see what in the world was happening in that tavern. As it seemed most of the patrons were having a good time while they all were cheering and hollering up in there.

He walked around the two bodies and nervously walked up the stone steps of the entrance. Jun peaked around the corner and gazed into the large main place of the tavern.

A set of wooden stairs that went up to the upper floors was right across from the entrance. A few wooden tables and chairs could be seen along the stone wall of the first floor to Jun's left. A large stone fireplace had flames roar inside it in the middle of the large main place.

Various familiar and strange animal horns and heads rested on wooden wall mounts. Along with the trophies of various supernatural-looking creature heads, antlers, and even limbs.

Then Jun saw that all of the wooden tables and chairs, filled with various types of alcoholic glasses and food. Strangely they were all moved in a way that made the middle of the main part of the tavern empty.

He cautiously entered the tavern and saw the large shadows of people being thrown about and lunging at something on the walls. Jun felt like he was going to go deaf from how loud it was in the tavern.

From the amount of men shouting to the musicians playing their various instruments that Jun didn't know the name of. Jun was able to catch what some of the men were shouting in Common as he looked around.

"Go get 'im Arthur!"

"I'll bet hundred maila on Heinrich!"

"God fuckin' damn it! There goes me money!"

And many other various phrases shouted, vulgar or not, were also heard over the music. Jun guessed from what he was hearing and his observations that these men were betting on who will win in a brawl happening in the middle of the tavern.

Which explained why the tables and chairs were all moved about away from the center of the large room. To make a makeshift ring of sorts. But he couldn't see who was fighting, or the fight in general, as a lot of men crowded around the brawl area.

Plus apparently everyone here was over six foot or close to it as Jun was too short to try and look over the men's wide, muscled shoulders.

Suddenly a chair smashed against one of the stone walls and splintered into pieces, causing Jun to flinch. His reaction caused a few of the patrons who saw him to laugh.

Jun looked around and noticed that he was standing near a table where a few men were playing cards with each other. They seemed not to care or were bothered by the brawl going on nearby.

He reluctantly tapped the top of their table to get their attention. The men at the table stopped what they were doing and looked at Jun with annoyance in their eyes, like he was the next person to be beaten.

Jun went to apologize but he saw as their annoyed expressions were replaced by those of questionable smirks and grins. A few of the men chuckled to one another while they elbowed each other's sides.

"I didn't expect a fair bird to walk up inna tavern brawl like this," one of the men said in a suggestive tone as he looked Jun up and down.

He had an accent but not like people in Vosorod had, he guessed that the man must be from further West or something.

Jun did a deep sigh as he clenched his jaw, looking at the top of the table before looking back at the man.

"I'm not a woman," Jun growled through gritted teeth while he stared at the man. The men went from slight shock, to confusion, to amusement in mere moments.