XXVII. Shanghaied-Part I.

Jun rubbed his eyes as he felt the sun shining on him.

The wooden ceiling was above him as the sun shined through the windows. He was back in Vosorod in an inn.

That was a really bad dream...why would I fight alongside that man? I hate him... Jun thought groggily while he stared up at the ceiling, flopping his arms to the side.

He felt as something brushed against his feet from on top of the covers, it felt like a cat's tail. He didn't want to get up but Jun also didn't want to not see the adorable cat on top of the bed with him.

It reminded him of his family's cat Kewa. Kewa was an exotic kitten from the far West that his family had bought a year before he was born. The cat was a way to bring more fortune to his parent's new soon-to-be family.

The cat was the cutest thing Jun had ever laid his eyes on. She was a golden colored shorthair that had a fluffy white belly.

Jun loved that cat with all his heart and then some. Sometimes even spending all his free time to be with Kewa.

I hope you're still alive...

"You're alive..." A deep, annoyed voice was heard, causing Jun to slowly sit up.

Jun jumped under the covers and pressed his back against the headboard. The sleep was soon removed from his eyes as he rubbed them once again.

Only to see that he didn't have a dream. But everything was real and Arkshan was sitting on the side of the bed staring at him with cold, piercing eyes.

"Wha...how, did I...?" Jun pointed to himself before pointing at the half dragon in front of him. "...why?"

There were so many questions swimming and racing throughout Jun's mind.

The only part of the deal that was made was for him to be used as the bait, everything after that was uncertain. Arkshan could've just killed him after he had killed the zodiz.

He had never specified him needing any further uses for Jun.

Dread and worry took over Jun as he continued to stare into the eyes of the villainous dragon.

"Who are you really?" Arkshan questioned plainly while he continued to pierce Jun with his intense gaze. Jun swallowed as he didn't break eye contact.

"A...prostitute..." It was really hard and embarrassing to admit what he really did for a living. But Arkshan could see through any lie he would tell him so he had no other choice.

Arkshan sighed loudly as he put his face in his hands. "I know!" Jun was taken aback by his answer.

"How—"

"—can you summon lightning?!" Arkshan yelled angrily as he leaned towards Jun. "Only gods and dragons been known to do that! Except if you're..."

The exasperated half-dragon trailed off as he ran his hands through his hair. Jun decided to look down at his hands folded in his lap while he tried to figure out a way to answer Arkshan.

Silence fell between the two as they awaited for one of them to break it.

Jun took a deep breath in, held it for a bit, then breathed out. "I just can okay. I don't know why..."

He looked up at Arkshan who didn't look at him and just stared off at the floor.

"How do you know how to control it?" Arkshan started to sound a little confused than irritated at this point.

Which concerned Jun.

"Why do you care?" Jun was truly bewildered on Arkshan's true intentions towards him. All the rumors were true about him being as prideful and evil as they said. There was nothing special about Jun really.

Though his previous clients would beg to differ. As Jun was known in the more underground world back in the Mang Kingdom which made him have a good amount of business.

"Just answer!" Arkshan yelled as he looked at Jun with fire burning in his eyes. Jun jumped a little at the sudden raise in voice.

"Um..." Jun had a very vague memory of his teacher that his father had gotten to teach Jun how to control and use his powers.

He was so young then that now it was just a haze.

"I can only tell him how he can control his powers. But to use them, I do not know. It is up to him to find out." Jun heard his teacher's voice say to his father. It was the only thing that he could clearly remember when he was first learning how to use his powers.

He didn't know why that was the only thing he remembered so clearly but it was. The words continued to ring throughout his mind as he sat motionless in the bed.

"Ah!" Jun exclaimed in pain as he was slapped in the face by something. He put his hand on his cheek while he saw Arkshan's tail waving around impatiently. Arkshan had his arms crossed now as he scowled down at him.

"Answer already before I kill you!" Arkshan growled, tapping his fingers on his arm. Jun sat back up slowly as he fought the tears that were trying to come from his stinging face.

"I had to f..figure it out...myself," Jun managed to whimper. He felt a single tear fall down his cheek.

Silence was all that he heard and it utterly terrified Jun as he nervously looked over to the half-dragon.

Arkshan seemed to be deep in thought at his words as he just stared at the ground with furrowed eyebrows. Eventually, after a suspenseful few minutes, Arkshan stood up from the bed and bent down to grab a bloody sack off of the ground.

Jun could feel his heart start to race at the sight of the blood stained cloth of the sack.

"Wha—" Jun started to whisper before being cut off by Arkshan speaking.

"Come human, it's already noon." Arkshan didn't look at Jun as he spoke while he walked towards the room's door.

Jun sat frozen in shock at his words.

He didn't know what Arkshan was going to do to him now, but the bloody sack wasn't very comforting.

Especially with someone like him holding it.

Jun shook himself out of his thoughts of dread as he moved over to sit on the edge of the bed.

His entire body hurt and was incredibly sore as he moved. Jun groaned quietly in pain while he slowly stood up.

The soreness was something that he was all too familiar with but could never get used to it. As he stood up he realized that he was still wearing everything he had on the night before.

But his bow was missing.

Jun looked around frantically before he saw his bow laying on the dresser uncovered. Jun hesitantly grabbed his bow and ran his fingers along its symbols engraved in the wood. It looked brand new, not a single scratch or blemish on it.

Though it always looked immaculate.

Jun put the bow across his back and began to make his way towards the room's door.

Arkshan huffed steam as he got off of the wall and pushed the door open.