XXIII. Harbinger-Part VI.

Jun walked behind Arkshan as they crossed over the bridge right outside of Perenykisk.

He noticed that the two guards at the gate jumped when they walked past them. Looking up at Arkshan like cowering dogs.

The wind howled now as its gusts became stronger, causing nearby trees to bend slightly.

He didn't know why he even hugged Arkshan or thought of him as his savior of sorts back in the inn.

Even if he did just stopped Vidim from violating him.

Arkshan wasn't a good person and Jun didn't need to have magical lie-detecting abilities to know that as a fact.

But it kept nagging him in the back of his head why Arkshan even came back, let alone get rid of Vidim.

He could've easily waited downstairs for when Vidim was finished ravaging him.

"Why did you come back?" Jun inquired nervously as he caught up to Arkshan so he was now next to him. Arkshan sighed as he didn't bother to look down at him.

"Thought I left something." Jun tried to stifle a laugh at his answer.

"Lying?! That's a first I've heard from you." He exclaimed in amusement, noticing Arkshan clenching his jaw.

It took a little bit of silence before Arkshan spoke again.

"The amount of trouble dealing with you will be well worth it...when you die from the zodiz."

Jun bit his lip as he felt his heart race at the thought. The annoyance in Arkshan's voice could be heard as clear as a cloudless day.

It seemed like the only emotions Arkshan had was annoyance, irritation, anger, and contempt.

"So saving me was also a part of that 'trouble'?" This time Arkshan looked down at Jun.

He narrowed his eyes. "I prefer to travel with someone who doesn't reek of sex." Arkshan mocked as his long, forked tongue flickered.

Then he looked away and muttered in a barely audible voice.

"And he irritated me."

"Can you please speak up?" Jun smirked as he heard Arkshan muttering to himself.

"You might die before you even attract the zodiz..." Arkshan warned through gritted teeth. Jun noticed how steam was flowing out of his nose.

It seemed that whenever Arkshan was irritated or angry steam would come out of him. Jun didn't know what to make of this observation, but it worried him that he could probably have a type of breath attack that dragons had.

What type of breath he had, Jun didn't know nor wanted to find out.

"But wasn't our deal that you spared my life?" Jun teased as he crossed his arms, looking up at him.

Jun's moment in basking in the fact that he was immune to Arkshan's wrath was soon replaced with fear of the half-dragon once again.

Arkshan stopped walking and swiftly grabbed Jun's throat as he stooped down to look at him.

"I made the payment." Arkshan hissed in a low, menacing voice as his glowing eyes stared right through Jun. "Therefore I can change it."

Jun felt his face turning red from lack of oxygen as he clawed at Arkshan's hand around his neck. Eventually Arkshan let go of him and he started to gasp in large breathes for the precious air.

Once Jun was done catching his breath and recovering he had finally made up his mind on what he wanted to do.

He started to walk briskly until he was past Arkshan. And he continued to walk down the dark road of dirt.