XLII. Skewed Morals-Part II.

Stars were absent from the sky as the air grew colder.

It felt like it was the middle of a dark winter. Jun squinted his eyes as he looked up, the black fog from the nearby mountains was slowly drifting over the town.

It sounded like small murmurings all around as the wind howled throughout the sinister air.

Soon he was led to a building with a lantern hanging above the door. It looked to be a small tower made out of stone. Two men leaning against the towers were ladened with furs that were covered by simple armor. Talking in a foreign language to each other.

The two men sounded tired and cautious in their tones.

Jun realized that a thick white fog had already blanketed the town. He could only see a few feet in front of him along with the lanterns providing surrounding visibility.

"Ya." Arkshan said as he leaned on a nearby street pole.

The guards jumped and drew their swords. Only to sigh in unison and sheath their swords once again.

One of them had brown hair that fell down to his shoulders. The other had blonde hair and a long beard that was all braided intricately. Both of them were roughly the same height. Towering over Jun but looked like children compared to Arkshan.

"Finally, Harbinger is here." The one with brown hair grumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Can't believe I would be glad t'see you."

"Expecting me?" Arkshan smirked. "What's with the fog?" The other guard did a deep sigh before answering.

"Prizchy. They—who is that?" The two guards looked over at Jun with raised brows.

"Just answer!" The half-dragon snapped, blowing the fog around. They whispered to each other in a foreign language before one continued.

"Prizchy are revenants of evil people. Come with fog t'plunder our riches 'n' animals. Then black fog of death came," he waved around at the pitch black fog that rested high in the sky, "'n' now more frequent."

"Then Vronymaja came t'take advantage of distraction. Smart arse dragon..." The other finished with a huff.

"How many of you are here?"

"Hundred. Now just us. Our fellow Iveran kicked it yesternight. Koya," The guard with brown hair pointed to himself then at the blonde. "'n' Vash."

"Now who is that?" Vash questioned as he pointed at Jun.

"Jun..."

He didn't know if he should answer or not. But he thought it was the respectful thing to do since Koya and Vash told them their names. The two looked at each other then back at Jun.

"Never heard that name. Where you from?"

Before Jun could answer, a large gust of wind blew past the four of them. Causing all of the fires in the lanterns to blow out. The darkness engulfing the town.

Vash and Koya jumped and started panicking. Shouting in the foreign language as one of them swung a lantern around.

Jun couldn't see anything but Arkshan's glowing eyes. Suddenly he felt something shoved into his hands. He looked up to see that Arkshan handed him a lantern that was probably from the pole behind him.

"Separate."

The hot plasma encased itself around Jun's fingertip. He reached inside the lantern gingerly.

Light was brought once again to the surrounding area. Vash soon stopped running around as he saw the lit lantern in Jun's hands. He shouted something at Koya while he pointed at Jun.