XXXVI. Revered Renegade-Part III.

Jun heard the sounds of birds chirping and the singing of their morning songs.

He rubbed his eyes before opening them to see the dark, muddy blues and yellows of early dawn. The dark underbellies of long strips of clouds floated lazily through the air. It felt dewy and cold, along with a moist thickness to the air as he breathed.

Jun rolled onto his side and slowly lifted his body off of the rock he slept on. Despite sleeping on a hard rock the entire night, it felt like he had one of the more restful slumbers that he's had in a while.

As Jun adjusted his eyes to reality, he was greeted with a view he never thought he would ever see.

Arkshan was completely shirtless, well without his half breastplate, as water dripped down along the ridges of his body. The water droplets reflected in the lightly pink sunlight like glistening jewels.

They accented every muscle in his arms, chest, and defined abs.

The only thing he wore was his black pants. Though it didn't help that they sat low on his hips and showed a defined V line. His scales glistened in the dawn like beautiful grey pearls.

Jun covered his gapping mouth as he couldn't take his eyes off of the draconic man in front of him. A large blush formed on his face as he finally managed the strength to look away and curl up into an embarrassed ball.

He wasn't ready in the slightest to wake up to a sight like that that was before him.

All of a sudden he felt as he was backhanded on the back of the head, causing him to fall off the rock and onto the damp ground.

"Bathe!" Jun heard Arkshan hiss, holding where he was hit with his hand.

Tears watered in his eyes as he felt a knot start to form on the back of his head. It took a few seconds for Jun to recover from the hit before he slowly stood up on his feet.

He glanced over at Arkshan who was looking down at him. Fire burning in his eyes.

"Wha—"

Before Jun could even finish his word Arkshan pushed him away towards the forest.

The surprise of the sudden force caused Jun to tumble to the ground, almost falling over.

"Shut it!" The half-dragon snapped loudly again.

Jun decided to run into the forest so he could get away from this evil man as fast as possible.

He tried to hide his tears running as the wind whipped him in the face.

As Jun made his way through the forest, he figured out why it was so cold and damp this morning. There seemed to be a thick morning fog that had blown into the mountains.

He shivered in the dewy air as he eventually came across a small lake.

The lake had steam coming off of it while the trees created a sort of canopy that shaded it from above. The only light came from behind Jun through the sparse trees.

Jun made his way towards the lake and saw that there were some things that laid near the water's edge. He squatted down and saw that it was a small vial and a few pleasant smelling flowers.

Is this for me? Jun wondered in confusion as he examined the flowers with his fingertips.

He didn't know why Arkshan was such in a bad mood this morning since it seemed nothing had bothered them as they slept.

Jun also didn't remember waking up at all in the middle of the night to a loud ruckus or any monster of sorts.

He wiped his tear stained face and took off his clothes. Throwing them next to the sweet smelling flowers.